GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Measurement & Controls
We are looking for a Staff Data Scientist to support our data science efforts in the Analytic and Application Engineering group in High Performance Computing (HPC), Machine Learning (ML), and software development. The candidate must initially assist in the development of infrastructure and processes, and have the ability to transform data formats, structure analysis of data, infer information/models, and create distributable models in support of analytic research and product development.
In the role of Staff Data Scientist, you will:
· Create a library of company / customer data
· Process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis (transform BN convention)
· Develop data models and algorithms to apply to data sets
· Mine / analyze data from BN databases to drive development and improvement of analytic products
· Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques
· Work with MDS and other sources to develop a data portal / repository
· Enhance data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
· Do ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear and concise manner
· Create automated anomaly detection system and tracking effectiveness
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related from an accredited college or university
· Minimum 3 years of experience in Data Science
· Master’s Degree and/or PhD with related Thesis from an accredited college or university
· Understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naïve Bayes, SVM,
Decision Forest, Boosting, etc.
· Experience with common data science toolkits such as R, Weka, NumPy, Matlab, etc.
· Experience with data visualization tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, etc.
· Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL
· Applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
· Scripting and programming skills: C, C++, etc.
· Solid oral presentation and writing skills
· Ability to continue complicated jobs to completion in a timely manner
· Ability to identify and drive process improvements
· Demonstrated skills in problem solving
· Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
· Knowledge of cyber vulnerabilities, exploits, and threats
· Software architecture and development / programming experience
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.