The Staff Data Scientist will work in teams addressing statistical, machine learning and data understanding problems in a healthcare technology and consultancy development environment. In this role, they will contribute to the development and deployment of modern machine learning, operational research, semantic analysis, and statistical methods for finding structure in large data sets and work on analysis of medical diagnostic images.
The Staff Data Scientist will be part of a data science or cross-disciplinary team on healthcare development projects, typically involving large, complex healthcare specific data sets. These teams typically include statisticians, computer scientists, software developers, engineers, product managers, and end users, working in concert with partners in GE business units.
Potential application areas include healthcare diagnostics sectors, portfolio risk assessment, and operations optimization.
· Work with customers to capture data and analytics requirements
· Develop, verify, and validate analytics to address customer needs and opportunities
· Work alongside software developers and software engineers to translate algorithms into commercially viable products and services
· Work in technical teams in development, deployment, and application of applied analytics, predictive analytics, and prescriptive analytics
· Perform exploratory and targeted data analyses using descriptive statistics and other methods
· Work with data engineers on data quality assessment, data cleansing and data analytics
· Generate reports, annotated code, and other projects artifacts to document, archive, and communicate the work and outcomes
· Communicate methods, findings, and hypotheses with stakeholders
· Master’s Degree in a “STEM” major (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) or equivalent plus strong proven experience in analytics development for industrial applications in a commercial/industrial setting
· OR Ph.D. in a “STEM” major (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) or equivalent plus proven experience in analytics development for industrial applications in a commercial/industrial setting
· Successful applicant will be legally eligible to enter into an employment relationship under the laws of Hungary
· Demonstrated skill in data management methods
· Demonstrated skill in feature extraction and realtime analytics development and deployment
· Demonstrated skill in prescriptive analytics and analytic prototyping
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.