GE Gas Power
Gas Power Information Technology
As a Staff Data Operations Engineer in the Gas Power Data Platform you will act in technological duties associated with ETL technologies.Providing guidance, best practices to the Data & Analytics organization to improve and enhance the data solutions. Responsible for resolving challenges, fulfilling complex requests, & implementing wide sweeping changes. A self-driven individual in an environment that will not micro-manage daily duties. This assignment is to support the Gas Power Data Platform.
· Provide technical leadership in ETL processing techniques for efficiency.
· Provide impact assessment and mitigation plan for changes going into the production environment.
· Provide ongoing support for the services and applications that are critical to our business needs.
· Provide technical leadership and operational support for planned releases, incidents, and issue resolution. Follow ITIL standards for change, problem, request & incident management.
· Demonstrate technical expertise across data lake technologies to efficiently troubleshoot and improve application performance and availability.
· Work as SME in ETL technologies to be able to support end to end the data ingestion and data processing in the Data Lake.
· Define root cause failures and develop solutions for proper controls/prevention.
· Seek and deliver continuous improvement opportunities to optimize application performance, data quality & accuracy, application availability and operational optimization.
· Assist and support proof of concepts and new technology introductions.
· Assist the business/development teams and data architects in the production cutover planning and preparations of the Data and Analytics solutions.
· Drive the review and production deployments of Data and Analytics solutions to the Production Data Lake environment.
· Monitor performance and capacity of the platform systems to provide visibility for capacity planning and optimization.
· Bachelor’s degree, or foreign degree equivalent, in STEM major (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) with significant post-Bachelor’s degree related experience.
· Strong Experience with ETL technologies, techniques and best practices (Talend and/or Informatica are preferred).
· Strong Experience with Data Integration technologies.
· Strong Experience with Database technologies and SQL (PostgreSQL, Oracle, Greenplum, AWS Aurora).
· Strong hands-on Experience in the above-mentioned technologies is required.
· Expertise in operating, supporting, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
· Systematic problem-solving approach coupled with a strong sense of ownership.
· Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts.
Successful applicant will be legally eligible to enter into an employment relationship under the laws of Hungary.
· Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Self-driven, not looking for a micro-managed environment
· Applies values, policies, procedures and precedent to make timely, routine decisions of limited, clear choice
· Reacts with an open mind to new perspectives or ideas. Considers different or unusual solutions when appropriate.
· Resolves day-to-day issues related to strategy implementation. Escalates issues that impact the client and/or strategic initiatives.
· Persists to completion, especially in the face of overwhelming odds and setbacks. Pushes self for results; pushes others for results through team spirit.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com