Healthcare Digital Technology
You will be part of a data engineering or cross-disciplinary team on commercially-facing development projects, typically involving large, complex data sets. These teams typically include statisticians, computer scientists, software developers, engineers, product managers, and end users, working in concert with partners in GE business units.
In this role you will:
· Assists in the analysis, design and development of a roadmap, design pattern, and implementation based upon a current vs. future state in a cohesive data
· Implement Data warehouse & Big data designs with automated MDM and data quality capabilities.
· Demonstrate proficiency at industry standard data tools (e.g., Informatica, Talend, ERWin, ER Studio, etc.).
· Integrate domain data knowledge into development of data requirements.
· Look across multiple systems, understands the purpose of each system and defines data requirements by systems.
· Identify downstream implications of data loads/migration (e.g., data quality, regulatory, etc).
· Researches and evaluates emerging data technology, industry and market trends to assist in project development and/or operational support activities.
· Bachelor's Degree. Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent (STEM) preferred, with minimum 6 years of experience as data engineer.
· A minimum of 3 year of data warehousing/data lake experience working on large scale data platforms and ingestion tools
· A minimum of 3 year of experience using Hadoop ecosystem, Map-Reduce, Spark, NoSQL (HBase, MongoDB etc.), Cassandra is required
· A minimum of 3 year of experience using Scripting (Pig, Python, Perl, etc) is required
· A minimum of 3 years of experience with Core Java, Java WebServices development SOAP, REST APIs
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. GE may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of
individuals with particular skills.
· Must be willing to travel UP TO 20%.
· Must be willing to work out of an office located in Wauwatosa or Chicago
· Strong knowledge of big data technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Sqoop, Ambari, Hbase.
· Strong knowledge of ETL technologies such as Talend, HVR, Informatica.
· Strong knowledge of MPP platforms such as GreenPlum, Teradata.
· Working knowledge of authentication protocols such as Kerboros.
· Experience with data stores such as columnar, ORC, Parquet.
· Experience working in Agile SDLC .
· Familiarity with cloud architectures such as AWS.
· Ability to understand business processes impacting data .
· Ability to collaborate with functional and regional stakeholders to align business processes to arrive at data enabling capabilities .
· Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts.
· Demonstrates knowledge of technologies in the market to help make buy vs build recommendations, scope MVPs, and to drive solution decisions.
· Uses teamwork skills to understand vision, achieve goals, solve problems, and manage conflict. Identifies individual differences.
· Informs engineering and other stakeholders of key customer issues, identifies potential problems or conflicts and resolves them when necessary.
· Produces functional area information in sufficient detail for cross-functional teams to utilize, using presentation and storytelling concepts.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen.