Staff Data Engineer
Description de l'offre
Georgia, South Carolina
The Master Data Management (MDM) Item Data team has been created with the primary purpose of developing standard guidelines and processes governing the creation and maintenance of materials/item. Data quality within the materials/items entity is critical to the success of the organization as it impacts every function across the enterprise.
The MDM team provides oversight, facilitates business process alignment and escalation across business functions to enable data consistency and manage risk to the organization. This role will be critical to ensure the engagement and alignment of business units across the enterprise and ultimately the user confidence of the organizations data layer.
In this role you will:
Your scope with respect to MDM Item/Material Data will be to provide management, coordination and oversight for the Material Master business processes and data consistency. You will ensure that all aspects of the Material Master processes are consistently adhered to across business functions and develop strategies to ensure the data quality of the information.
· Document the business areas requirements and facilitate alignment for material master and Bill of Material (BOM) creation/maintenance standard processes.
· Document as-is business processes and data requirements associated with the material master and BOM.
· Identify and manage risks of business processes changes impacting the material master and BOM.
· Provide expertise and guidance to business areas for bulk data creation. Review bulk material master data being created in the ERP or PLM systems for data quality and consistency. This includes involvement with data migration activities.
· Monitor material master data quality. Communicate data issues with business areas and facilitate permanent corrections to business processes and relevant data.
· Provide 2nd tier support and training for critical MDM applications such as AIF which manages the integration between the critical PLM and ERP systems.
· Develop test scripts and execute test cases for changes in the AIF integration.
· Provide support and research strategic options for Item/Material MDM
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent (STEM) with minimum 6 years of experience as data engineer.
· A minimum of 2 year of experience working in an MDM organization.
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
· Must be willing to travel 5-10%
· Must be willing to work out of an office located in Greenville, SC or Atlanta, GA.
· Delivers results when working on shorter-term (weeks-months), outcome-focused service engagements
· Experience implementing or working with Data Governance concepts
· Familiarity of data modeling concepts
· Ability to analyze large data sets to identify data anomalies and their root causes within business processes
· Ability to develop business and technical requirements relating to business processes
· Understanding of Data architecture/engineering concepts, reporting tools and familiarity with user roles and security
· Understanding of material master data concepts and usage
· Ability to work with cross-functional teams to help build effective processes
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Must be able to work to tight deadlines with multiple priorities
· Emotional Intelligence, ability to influence up and out
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
Voici d'autres offres qui pourraient te plaire
À propos de General Electric
Inventer le monde industriel de demain, telle est la motivation de General Electric.
Multinationale de renom, GE est leader dans les secteurs énergie et transports dont les activités se répartissent entre GE Energy Infrastructure, GE Technology Infrastructure, GE Capital, GE Consumer & Industrial et NBC Universal. Doté d'importants pôles de recherche, General Electric met donc à profit son savoir-faire et ses connaissance afin produire de l'énergie, bâtir, faciliter les déplacement et améliorer les soins à travers le monde.
GE couvre un large de panel de métiers, niveaux et compétences à travers des fonctions d'ingénierie, marketing, santé, finance, logistique, communication, business développement etc. De ce fait, les offres du simple stage au CDI ne manquent pas en France, notamment sur les sites de Buc et Velizy Villacoublay, près de Paris.
La société offre des voies professionnelles multiples et intéressantes d'un point de vue rémunération, cadre de travail et challenges pour de jeunes stagiaires ou alternants souhaitant mettre à profit leurs compétences au sein d'une entreprise au service de tous pour inventer les solutions de demain.
Rejoignez GE pour construire votre parcours ensemble.