The Data Engineering team helps solve our customers' toughest challenges; making flights safer, power cheaper, and oil & gas production safer for people and the environment by leveraging data and analytics. The Lead Data Engineer will work with the team to create state-of-the-art data and analytics driven solutions, working across GE to drive business analytics to a new level of predictive analytics while leveraging big data tools and technologies.
The Staff Data Engineer will be part of a data engineering or cross-disciplinary team on commercially-facing development projects, typically involving large, complex data sets. These teams typically include statisticians, computer scientists, software developers, engineers, product managers, and end users, working in concert with partners in GE business units. Potential application areas include remote monitoring and diagnostics across infrastructure and industrial sectors, financial portfolio risk assessment, and operations optimization. Be Proficient in at least one data modality (e.g., text, numeric, image), conversant in more than one. Proficient in multiple ETL /MDM tools. Implement Data warehouse & Big/Small data designs with automated MDM and data quality capabilities. Demonstrate proficiency at industry standard data modeling tools (e.g., ERWin, ER Studio, etc.). Integrate domain data knowledge into development of data requirements. Look across multiple systems, understands the purpose of each system and defines data requirements by systems. Identify downstream implications of data loads/migration (e.g., data quality, regulatory, etc.). The role also requires traveling to GE client sites.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
· Minimum 5 years of experience as data engineer.
· Minimum of 3 years of experience using Scripting (Pig, Python, Perl, etc.) is required
· Minimum of 3 years of experience working on Database(s), SQL is required
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
· Ability to travel 50% of time
· Experience with Core Java, Java WebServices development SOAP, REST APIs
· Experience using Hadoop ecosystem, Map-Reduce, Spark, NoSQL (HBase, MongoDB etc.), Cassandra is desired
· Delivers results when working on shorter-term (weeks-months), outcome-focused service engagements
· Leverages knowledge about competitors, trends, and changing regulations across the broad environment to bring new ideas to the team
· Articulates the value proposition of existing technology capabilities and maps them to customer requirements to minimize incremental cost of development
· Uses teamwork skills to understand vision, achieve goals, solve problems, and manage conflict. Identifies individual differences
· Informs engineering and other stakeholders of key customer issues, identifies potential problems or conflicts and resolves them when necessary
· Produces functional area information in sufficient detail for cross-functional teams to utilize, using presentation and storytelling concepts
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen.