Description de l'offre
Transportation Digital Solutions
As a Sr UX Interaction Designer, you will help create useful and desirable software products and service experiences for the industrial internet of things. You will be partnered with a UX Design Researcher, working as a team throughout the design and development lifecycle. As one of the first to join this new design team, you will have a big impact on design decisions, and work as a strategic partner with product teams.
· You understand and champion the importance of the design process and act as an active member of the user experience team.
· Lead multiple user experience engagements as well as work on highly complex projects
· Lead and influence business-wide discussions relative to current user experience projects and the future direction of design and user experience
· Use and contribute to company-wide design system
· Demonstrate a strong understanding of Agile / Lean UX methodologies
· Guide effective documentation and communication of design - via wireframes, mockups, prototypes and user stories
· Leads research and evaluation of emerging design, technology, industry, and market trends
· Bachelor’s Degree in Interaction, Graphic, or Industrial Design preferred or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math)
· A minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience in product or service design
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
· Must be willing to travel up to 20%
· Must be willing to work out of an office located in Atlanta, Georgia
· Conducts or participates in user research to understand user needs, mental models and working contexts
· Use storyboards/narrative/wireframes/prototypes of varying fidelity to express how a product or service should behave to deliver capabilities in a way that supports user needs, goals, and workflows.
· Conduct design validation sessions with users and stakeholders to reveal deep insights about user/business needs and technical constraints to determine how a design should be evolved and refined
· Leverages typography, color, layout, composition and materiality to create visual interface designs that clearly and effectively express product capabilities and behaviors, as well as business and product brand values.
· Explains and defends design decisions to stakeholders and other members of the project team including developers, product managers, marketers and other designers.
· Constructively participates in critiques of own design ideas and those of others.
· Develops visual language studies that explore multiple approaches to the overall aesthetic of a product, with regard to brand and experience values and underlying product capability and behavior.
· Designs new components to contribute to design systems, documents intended usage.
· Creates visual design specifications and documentation that provide detailed instructions for developers regarding typography, spacing, color and other aspects of a product’s user interface.
· Creates annotated prototypes or wireframes of user interface designs that visually and textually communicate the behavior of a software application.
· Synthesizes output of stakeholder research & creates visualizations that effectively summarize key insights related to user and customer needs and behaviors, product definition.
· Skilled in standard design & wireframing tools (Sketch, Adobe CC), hand drawing and visual communication, interactive prototyping tools (Invision, Axure).
· Develops knowledge of industrial business domains, products, key processes, suppliers, customers and market/competitors.
· Understands and stays up to date on the industry’s technology landscape; brings new ideas to the team. Maps industry technology trends to internal vision.
· Understands principles of design thinking, what it is and why it is important. Explores all ideas, regardless of their source.
· Works to create an understanding of how individual people and things fit within larger structures (like systems or organizations), as well as the relationships between parts of a system and the system as a whole.
· Understands the value of a rigorous, collaborative and transparent decision-making process.
· Demonstrates sensitivity to key cultural issues.
· Uses generative techniques (sketching, brainstorming, etc.) to establish a variety of possible design decisions and decision scenarios.
· Expresses UX and design concepts to collaborators on cross functional teams. Goes beyond merely presenting designs, explains the story of the rationale and benefit of design ideas.
· Acts and decides appropriately when all available information may not be possible to obtain.
· Demonstrates the ability to extract and communicate how customer groups are thinking and feeling.
· Asks questions appropriate to translating an abstract problem into a roadmap for identifying solutions.
· Captures specific information from the audience and validates it back to them for acceptance.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.