Description de l'offre
Redmond,San Ramon, Atlanta, Melbourne
California, Florida, Georgia, Washington
GE Power is seeking a Sr UX Interaction Designer to join the Industrial Internet Applications team. In this role, you will help create useful and desirable software product and service experiences for the industrial internet of things. As a Sr UX Interaction Designer you may lead or be an individual to contributor to multiple user experience engagements as well as work on highly complex projects that require in-depth knowledge across multiple specialized business domains
• Lead and influence business-wide discussions relative to current user experience projects and the future direction of design and user experience
• Demonstrate a strong understanding of Agile / Lean UX methodologies
• Guide effective documentation and communication of design - via wireframes, mockups, prototypes and user stories
• Leads research and evaluation of emerging design, technology, industry, and market trends
• Bachelor’s Degree in Interaction, Graphic, or Industrial Design preferred or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math)
• A minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience in product or service design
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
· Must be willing to work out of an office located in Redmond, WA, San Ramon, CA, Atlanta, GA or Melbourne, FL
· Uses participatory design activities (e.g. paper prototype co-creation, card sorting) to understand vision, business model and assumptions and tacit knowledge about user needs and behaviors.
· Conducts user research to understand user needs, mental models and working contexts
· Synthesizes output of stakeholder research & creates visualizations that effectively summarize key insights related to user and customer needs and behaviors, product definition.
· Creates annotated prototypes or wireframes of user interface designs that visually and textually communicate the behavior of a software application.
· Skilled in standard design & wireframing tools (Adobe CC, OmniGraffle, Sketch), hand drawing and visual communication, time-based and interactive prototyping tools (Hype, Adobe Edge, Keynote).
· Develops knowledge of industrial business domains, products, key processes, suppliers, customers and market/competitors.
· Understands and stays up to date on the industry’s technology landscape; brings new ideas to the team. Maps industry technology trends to internal vision.
· Understands principles of design thinking, what it is and why it is important. Explores all ideas, regardless of their source.
· Works to create an understanding of how individual people and things fit within larger structures (like systems or organizations), as well as the relationships between parts of a system and the system as a whole.
· Understands the value of a rigorous, collaborative and transparent decision-making process.
· Demonstrates sensitivity to key cultural issues.
· Uses generative techniques (sketching, brainstorming, etc.) to establish a variety of possible design decisions and decision scenarios.
· Expresses UX and design concepts to collaborators on cross functional teams. Goes beyond merely presenting designs, explains the story of the rationale and benefit of design ideas.
· Acts and decides appropriately when all available information may not be possible to obtain.
· Demonstrates the ability to extract and communicate how customer groups are thinking and feeling.
· Asks questions appropriate to translating an abstract problem into a roadmap for identifying solutions.
· Captures specific information from the audience and validates it back to them for acceptance.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.