Seattle, San Ramon, Chicago
California, Illinois, Washington
As a Sr. UX Design Technologist you will bridge the gap between Design and Technology. You understand the importance of human-centered design and the implication of technology on experiences. As a UX Design Technologist you will execute on multiple small to medium sized projects as an individual contributor with a focus on at least one specialized technology domain.
In this role, you will:
· Participate as a team member in design validation sessions; execute design technology tasks as assigned in detail
· Execute on multiple small and medium sized projects as assigned in a cross-functional environment
· Demonstrate awareness of the software development process and how UX designers can best support development efforts
· Clearly understand and articulate the team's point of view in broader context
· Bachelor’s Degree in Interaction, Graphic, or Industrial Design preferred or in “STEAM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math)
· A minimum of 2 years' experience including Master's degree, but typically 5+ years
· GE Leadership Program Graduates will get credit towards relevant work experience, commensurate to the program they have completed
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
· Must be willing to work out of an office located in San Ramon CA, Seattle WA, or Chicago IL
· Basic understanding of Front-End Framework Architecture (e.g. Angular.js, Ember.js, React etc.) and how to use and optimize them
· Basic understanding of coding standards and guidelines for various languages and a desire to craft beautiful code
· Strong understanding of APIs, Databases, and one server-side language (e.g. Python, Java, PHP, etc.)
· Capable of independently researching and exploring new technologies and their implications within projects
· Demonstrates knowledge of business’ structure (P&Ls) and the interplay of functions to support business goals.
· Understands the competitive landscape, regulatory marketing, etc. Articulates clearly the main industry dynamics.
· Understands key principles of design thinking, what it is and why it is important, and how technology can be used in the process to explore possibilities. Explores all ideas, regardless of their source.
· Works to create an understanding of how individual people and things fit within larger structures (like systems or organizations), as well as the relationships between parts of a system and the system as a whole.
· Translates user-centered design requirements into technical implementations for projects. Continuously measures deliverables of self and team against scheduled commitments. Effectively balances different, competing objectives.
· Keeps participants focused on task and end process. Guides participation to include all present; solicits information about absent stakeholders.
· Expresses technology options to collaborators on cross functional teams. Goes beyond merely suggesting design technologies and clearly articulates the rationale and benefit of design technology choices.
· Understands the value of a rigorous and transparent decision-making process.
· Acts and decides appropriately when all available information may not be possible to obtain
· Directs and mentors others in critical thinking skills. Helps cross-functional teams use critical thinking skills to engage with questions and problems.
· Asks questions appropriate needed to translate an abstract problem into a roadmap for identifying solutions. Seeks out processes and ideas that are out of the norm.
· Takes initiative to learn new tools and techniques and integrates new methods to drive improved outcomes.
GE is the world's digital industrial company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. With people, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Digital is the leading software company for the Industrial Internet. The company develops software to design, build, operate and manage the entire asset lifecycle – enabling businesses across the energy, aviation, healthcare and manufacturing sectors to operate faster, smarter and more efficiently. All of industry will have to master digital to compete in the future by moving beyond automation to autonomous systems. GE Digital is a critical part of GE’s present and future by helping industrials unlock machine data to turn valuable insights into powerful business outcomes.
Headquartered in San Ramon, California, GE Digital is a global team of more than 26,000 with offices in Paris, Shanghai, Bangalore, New Orleans, Budapest and Detroit. We are defining what digital means in an industrial world. Together, we work to build the future.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen.