Transportation Digital Solutions
As a Sr. UX Design Technologist you will bridge the gap between Design and Technology. You understand the importance of human-centered design and the implication of technology on experiences. As a UX Design Technologist you will execute on multiple small to medium sized projects as an individual contributor with a focus on at least one specialized technology domain.
• Participate as a team member in design validation sessions; execute design technology tasks as assigned in detail
• Execute on multiple small and medium sized projects as assigned in a cross-functional environment
• Demonstrate awareness of the software development process and how UX designers can best support development efforts
• Clearly understand and articulate the team's point of view in broader context
• Bachelor’s Degree in Design or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math)
• 2 to 5 years of professional experience OR Master's degree with 2 years of experience
• Able to create moderately interactive prototypes (in code) to express interactive design ideas based upon user and stakeholder input and feedback.
• Able to independently translate designs (e.g. wireframes, mockups, and requirements documents) to engineering teams
Eligibility Requirements: (Country Specific)
• Must be willing to travel up to 5%
• Must be willing to work out of an office located in Bangalore, India
• Experience with Front-End Framework technologies such as AngularJS (v. 2+), React, and Polymer, and how optimize them
• Up to date on HTML5 technologies and trends such as Web Components, Shadow DOM, Web Workers, etc.
• Experience with web site creation and static site generators (Jekyll, Statamic, etc.)
• Use and implement coding standards and guidelines and a desire to craft beautiful code
• Strong understanding of RESTful APIs, databases, and at least one server-side language (e.g. Node.js, Python, Java, etc.)
• Understanding of native mobile development (iOS, Android, etc.) preferred
• Capable of independently researching and exploring new technologies and their implications within projects
• Demonstrates knowledge of business’ structure (P&Ls) and the interplay of functions to support business goals.
• Understands the competitive landscape, regulatory marketing, etc. Articulates clearly the main industry dynamics.
• Understands key principles of design thinking, what it is and why it is important, and how technology can be used in the process to explore possibilities. Explores all ideas, regardless of their source.
• Works to create an understanding of how individual people and things fit within larger structures (like systems or organizations), as well as the relationships between parts of a system and the system as a whole.
• Translates user-centered design requirements into technical implementations for projects. Continuously measures deliverables of self and team against scheduled commitments. Effectively balances different, competing objectives.
• Keeps participants focused on task and end process. Guides participation to include all present; solicits information about absent stakeholders.
• Expresses technology options to collaborators on cross functional teams. Goes beyond merely suggesting design technologies and clearly articulates the rationale and benefit of design technology choices.
• Understands the value of a rigorous and transparent decision-making process.
• Acts and decides appropriately when all available information may not be possible to obtain
• Directs and mentors others in critical thinking skills. Helps cross-functional teams use critical thinking skills to engage with questions and problems.
• Asks questions appropriate needed to translate an abstract problem into a roadmap for identifying solutions. Seeks out processes and ideas that are out of the norm.
• Takes initiative to learn new tools and techniques and integrates new methods to drive improved outcomes.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.