Description de l'offre
The Sr Technical Product Manager for application platform services products will work with application or domain leaders acting as a product manager to create a clear strategic direction that will be delivered by the product development team.
You will manage the effectiveness of the product strategy and execution in partnership with a broad set of stakeholders including Customers, Process Owners, Enterprise Architects, Application Managers, Development teams and Technical Architects.
In this role, you will:
· Work with cross-functional (process, design, build, test) teams to deliver features and products
· Own the short-term product roadmap and its integration into a larger application or strategic roadmap
· Engage continuously with customers and stakeholders to understand their business goals and motivating factors
· Demonstrate ability to influence customers and product managers through credible knowledge and experience, persuasion and influencing skills
· Lead customer and stakeholder interviews to align product design with roles (personas)
· Own the product backlog; continuously groom and ensure that an agreed scope is always ready to move into development
· Lead the product development team; facilitate discussions, provide clarification, story acceptance and refinement, testing and validation; owner of functional or technical product design
· Understand and follow the proscribed governance process and development methodology for product development
· Translate unstructured or ambiguous requests into actionable user stories and work units through problem decomposition and planning
· Demonstrate substantial experience with the technology stack and its impact on the final product
· Bachelor’s Degree in business, computer science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math).
· A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in product management OR Master’s degree with 3 years of experience in product management.
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. GE may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with particular skills.
· Experience developing web and database services product offerings, core service offerings, and product pricing models
· Experience managing product budgets; finance/sourcing experience
· Strong analytical and presentation skills
· Knowledge of JBoss, Apache, Tomcat, IIS, and Weblogic
· Knowledge of Oracle, SQL Server, PosgreSQL, MySQL
· Experience with revision control source code repositories (Git, SVN, Mercurial, Perforce)
· Experience in management of continuous integration servers like Jenkins, Bamboo and TeamCity
· Experience with seamless/automated build scripts used for release management across all environments
· Experience with Orchestration tools such as Scalr, Cliqr, etc
· Understanding and experience with code deployment (tagging)
· Understanding of Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA and REST)
· Familiarity with any monitoring tools like Sensu, Graphana/Graphite, Incinga, SiteScope, etc.
· Familiarity with CloudFormation and JSON
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive.
Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
At GE Digital, we are creating technology and solutions to enable social, mobile, analytical and cloud capabilities for the Industrial Internet. The Industrial Internet is an open, global network that connects people, data and machines. It’s about making infrastructure more intelligent and advancing the industries critical to the world we live in. At GE, we believe it’s about the future of industry—energy, healthcare, transportation, manufacturing. It’s about making the world work better. GE is transforming itself to become the world's premier digital industrial company, executing critical outcomes for our customers. Explore how you can drive greater asset reliability, lower operating costs, reduce risk and accelerate operational performance with our Predix platform and software solutions.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen.