Glen Allen, Atlanta, Van Buren, Cincinnati
Corporate CoreTech & Cyber
Georgia, Michigan, Ohio, Virginia
Sr Staff Vulnerability Management Advisor responsible for defining and implementing a vulnerability management process for all GE Corporate businesses, ensuring the full capability of the GE Digital horizontal CTR function is fully leveraged. This may include enhancing current processes and tools to meet the requirements of the new organization as well as partnering with Digital Technology in the development of GE wide tools and processes.
• Delivery of the portfolio of vulnerability management across GE Corporate
• Works with cross functional teams and cross-business teams and is responsible for driving VM remediation solutions across the function / business.
• Analyses data from VM tools in order to distribute patches above the OS, across the GE Corporate estate
• Supports the development and management of VM tools such as VIPER/Sherlock etc.
• Manages teams to deliver effective patching and remediation.
• Communicates broadly across the direct organization and with partner Digital organizations and business units within the company
• Evaluates existing and emerging risks and trends and provide necessary guidance to help improve overall compliance
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a STEM related Degree and 8+ years’ experience in IT or a HS Diploma and 12+ years
professional experience with 8+ years' experience in IT.
• 7 + years’ experience leading development and/or security product organizations
• 4 + years’ experience leading and managing teams
Experience leading agile delivery teams in a product delivery model
• Experience taking vision to strategy and leading execution and delivery.
• Deep understanding of technical risks and tactics of advanced cyber threat actors
• Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment with limited direction
• One or more Security Certifications or equivalent (CISSP, etc.)
• Demonstrated thought leader, delivering new, supporting innovation solutions to exceed customer expectations
• Excellent interpersonal, written / verbal communication and leadership skills with the ability to quickly build credibility, influence and make recommendations to all levels
• Demonstrated experience embracing “team of teams” way of working
• Demonstrated ability in leading technical teams
• Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking and leadership
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills - communicates in a clear and succinct manner, anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve
• Change oriented – actively defines process improvements, champions and drive change initiatives, confronts difficult circumstances in creative ways, balances multiple and competing priorities and executes accordingly
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).