Digital Platform & Industrial Applications
Responsible for designing highly complex modules, critical components or a whole application/product in its entirety. Has the vision to integrate it across multiple systems. Works independently and is seen as a technical leader. Is responsible for driving the design and development efforts related to architecture, scalability, availability and performance in alignment with the product/application roadmap.
• Proven track record of successful problem definition, decomposition, estimation.
• Provides expertise in Design, Architecture, Development, Continuous Integration and Delivery.
• Leads impact assessment and decision related to technology choices, design /architectural considerations and implementation strategy.
• Expert in providing oversight, mentoring team members and leading large development efforts. Experienced in effectively delegating work.
• Deep understanding of the market and competing product offerings.
• Demonstrates the ability of benchmarking against competition. Expert level skills in building value proposition with total customer focus.
• Subject matter expert in processes and methodologies with ability to adapt and improvise in various situations.
• Expert in navigating through ambiguity and prioritizing conflicting asks.
• Expert level skills in design, architecture and development, with an ability to take a deep dive in the implementation aspects if the situation demands.
• Demonstrates expert level skills in collaboration with different stakeholders, influences decisions, ability to take strategic view.
• Leads the efforts across the product / multiple product versions and is an expert in custom solutions.
• Expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language of choice when necessary - as a value offering.
• Defines and owns coding and design standards, ensures secure development practices, establishes expectations around performance, drives internationalization, and manages CI/CD pipelines.
• Demonstrates strong communication skills; able to present at conferences and explain complex technical problems in simple terms.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 12 years of technical experience along with established leadership credentials across disciplines and functions within a product OR Master’s degree with 10 years of experience
• Minimum 12 years experience in developing applications using Java, Java EE, Spring, REST, SQL.
• Minimum of 4 years of experience in big data with hands-on development of batch and streaming applications using Scala, Mapreduce, HDFS, Spark, NoSQL - HBase or Cassandra or others, AWS, S3, Hive, Docker, Kafka.
• Well versed with software development best practices, test driven development, CI CD and related tools.
Advantageous to have –
• Experience in building applications using Azure.
• Experience in Kubernetes or Mesos.
• Experience in leading a scrum team.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.