This position is responsible for designing highly complex modules, critical components in Predix Telemetry. Has the vision to integrate it across multiple systems. This position works independently and is seen as a technical leader. The position is responsible for driving the design and development efforts related to architecture, scalability, availability and performance in alignment with the product/application roadmap.
In this role, you will:
· Be responsible for providing technical leadership and defining, developing, and evolving software monitoring technology in a fast paced and agile development environment
· Provide guidance to developers with either planning and execution and/or design architecture using agile methodologies such as SCRUM
· Work with Predix Share Service Leaders (PLLs) to understand product requirements & vision
· Drive increased efficiency across the teams, eliminating duplication, leveraging product and technology reuse
· Leads impact assessment and decision related to telemetry technology choices, design /architectural considerations and implementation strategy.
· Subject matter expert in tool, technology, processes and methodologies with ability to adapt and improvise in various situations. Expert in navigating through ambiguity and prioritizing conflicting asks.
· Expert level skills in design, architecture and development, with an ability to take a deep dive in the implementation aspects if the situation demands.
· Leads the architecture and design efforts across the product / multiple product versions and is an expert in architecting custom solutions off the base product.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math). A minimum 8 years of professional experience.
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
· Must be willing to work out of an office located in San Ramon, CA
· Strong technical background in telemetry/monitoring in Cloud environment
· Hands-on experiences in Splunk design, development, and deployment.
· Experiences with AWS, Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry
· 6 years of experience with object-oriented and object-function scripting languages: Python or Java.
· 5 years of experience with agile software development methodologies: TDD, XP, or SCRUM.
· Experience with automation using Jenkins and cloud deployments using scripting and command line tools.
· Experiences in microservices development
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).