The Sr Staff Data ETL Architect will have an exciting opportunity to work with one of the world’s largest datasets (petabyte range). Big data provides a unique challenge in all aspects of data acquisition, data enrichment, and analytics scheduling and operationalization that drives high-visibility, cross-division Aviation outcomes. and technologies.
· Perform proof of concepts on new data ingestion designs
· Drive exploration of new technologies that could be introduced into the environment
· Design ETL jobs using both built-in Talend components and custom made scripts in Python, Java, and Spark
· Devise complex big data ingestion jobs in Talend for relational, big data, streaming, IOT, flat file, JSON, API, and many other data sources
· Experience with writing SQL that is able to transform, pivot, and stitch big data sets, both relational and non-relational
· Prove data ingestion ETL flows using message queueing
· Optimize Talend jobs to reduce memory and storage consumption
· Operate in Agile framework as the Enterprise Architect, creating user stories from and tasks from customer requirements to track project progress
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science / Engineering, IT, or Data Analytics from an accredited university or college
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
· Must be willing to travel
· Must be willing to work out of an office located in Evendale, Ohio
· Experience with ETL architecture
· Experience working with databases
· Experience architecting complex data ingestion design within a large production environment
· Experience performing Talend Data Integration (Including experience implementing complex integration jobs in a high volume environment)
· Experience working with Hadoop Big Data ecosystems and tools such as Hive, Spark, etc.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially with product owners
· Self-driven to learn new technology and build technical skill sets
· Experience with Agile project delivery frameworks and participating in Scrum ceremonies
· Experience with CDC-based enterprise data ingestion technologies (Talend or HVR)
· Hands-on experience with streaming data architecture (Spark Streaming, message queues, etc.)
· Hands-on proficiency in one or more scripting languages (e.g., Java, Python, Scala, R, Shell scripting)
· Experience with Hadoop data flow tools such as Sqoop, Flume, and Nifi
· Experience with Hadoop workflow tools such as Spark and Spark streaming
· Experience consuming REST and WSDL services
· Experience working with databases and hands-on proficiency in SQL
· Familiarity with Greenplum data modeling, or MPP-style data warehouse or PostgreSQL knowledge
· Perform development and operations duties, sometimes requiring support during off-work hours
· Expertise with using the Linux command line
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen.