GE Gas Power
Gas Power Information Technology
As the Cloud Software Engineer on cloud operations and architecture you will act in technological duties associated with cloud computing, such as solution design, building, maintenance and support of cloud services and solutions. To help us navigate all our cloud computing needs, including infrastructure design, maintenance, support and planning.
· Provide technical leadership, develop and evolve software in a fast paced and agile in big data platform environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure.
· Planning, designing and developing Big cloud-based applications along with Big Data Technologies to suffice the business needs.
· Managing cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines.
· Deploying and debugging cloud initiatives as needed in accordance with best practices throughout the development lifecycle.
· Employing exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they snowball into problems.
· Orchestrating and automating cloud-based platforms.
· Participating in Proof of Concept on new technology initiatives
· Maintain code quality through best practices, unit testing, and code quality automation.
· Work as SME in AWS Cloud platform and designing solutions on configuration management and platform automation in cloud.
· Work as SME in AWS Cloud platform and designing automation to solutions provision and govern access management in cloud.
· Implement technical controls for cloud security and compliance.
· Bachelor’s degree, or foreign degree equivalent, in STEM major (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) with significant post-Bachelor’s degree related experience.
· Minimum Years of Experience: 4 years of professional experience
· Experience in developing software using languages such as Java, Python, C++ or Ruby.
· Experience with SOA applications and cloud-based services, preferably AWS.
· Knowledge of web services, API, REST and RPC.
· Strong awareness of networking and internet protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP and distributed networks.
· Expertise in platform configuration management methodologies and tools – driving change automation using CHEF, Terraform and/or AWS OpsWorks.
· Working experience required in setting up infrastructure services in the cloud like EC2, Fargate, VPC, API Gateway, ELB, docker.
· Strong experience in developing building, managing, and versioning infrastructure as a code solution.
· Experience with DevOps tools like Jenkins, GitHub, Maven.
· Hands-on coding experience in any of the above-mentioned technologies is required.
· Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts.
· Technically savvy, self-motivated and quick learner.
· Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
· Good to have knowledge on platform configuration tools like Cloud Formation, AWS Systems Manager, Service Catalog, auto scaling etc.
· Interest in Cloud Engineering and its impact on greater business practices.
· Experience on platform security and auditing processes is added advantage.
· Change oriented – actively generates process improvements; champions and drives change initiatives; confronts difficult circumstances in creative ways, balances multiple and competing priorities and executes accordingly.
· Development and implementation experience across infrastructure and platform solutions in cloud.
· Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definition.
· Strong analytical and strong problem-solving skills - communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information/data to make decisions; anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve.
· Evangelize how our technology solves customer problems from a technology and business perspective.
· Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Effective team building and problem-solving abilities.
· Persists to completion, especially in the face of overwhelming odds and setbacks. Pushes self for results; pushes others for results through team spirit.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com