GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Oilfield Equipment
Responsible for designing, developing and testing software to create industrial automation products and services tailored to the needs of the BHGE businesses and external customers. Requires mastery of a body of theoretical knowledge. Requires developed and strong foundation of function skills and knowledge of relevant technologies.
Writing of documents / procedures:
· System Functional Design Specification
· Control System Functional Design Specification
· Cyber Security Risk Assessment
· Network Design Specification
· Utility Software Factory Acceptance Test Procedure
· Safety Software Factor Acceptance Test Procedure
· PLC / HMI programming and testing
· Data Network design and configuration
· Promote and ensure compliance to company and regulatory EHS requirements & expectations at all time
· Promote and ensure compliance to company and regulatory Quality management systems at all time
· Compliance with Project HSE Plan, Quality Plan and related requirements
· Identify variation in Scope of Work
· Identifying and reporting improvement potentials
· Degree in Engineering or experience i.e. Automation / Electrical Engineering or equivalent knowledge or experience
· Basic understanding of electronics, sensor technology and mechanics, EHS and QA
· Understanding of electronics, sensor technology and mechanics
· Experience with offshore related projects
· Proven ability to deliver results
· Good language and communication skills in both Norwegian and English
· Understanding of technical risk for product, system and operational interface
· Ability to develop practical or innovative alternative approaches and give recommendations based on business and professional knowledge
· Ability to integrate cross-functional perspectives into problem-solving and issue management
· Ability to provide guidance to other employees
· Ability to identify objectives, resources and procedures of assigned projects
· Ability to work independent and gain progress in work
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us on Twitter, join our LinkedIn Group or become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community. Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog.