GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Headquarters
As a member of the BHGE Field Services IT team, he/she will utilize experience, knowledge, and skills gained from years of delivering complex technical projects and working with one or more delivery teams to take ownership and accountability of technical project planning and delivery
· The software engineer/analyst will be responsible for projects, enhancements, support & maintenance of laboratory solutions using StarLIMS, SDMS and other technologies as required.
· Work with key stakeholders to clarify requirements and prioritize enhancement backlog
· Ownership of project management activities for the Laboratory Management system application (StarLIMS )
· Take an ownership role of the support queue to reduce resolution times
· Participate in reviews and status updates with development lead
· Resolve production support issues
· Resolve platform and technical issues
· Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering with experience in software development, testing and support of business applications and technologies
· 3-5 years of hands on development/configuration experience using StarLIMS, preferably in the petrochemical industry.
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
· Must be willing to travel for major product releases, project go-live, etc.
· Must be willing to work out of an office located in the greater Houston metro area.
· Knowledge and experience with all aspects of StarLIMS Laboratory management system, including: configuration, testing, implementation, deployment, and support and maintenance
· Knowledge and experience with SDMS software and it integration with StarLIMS in order to automate the population of results from analytical instrumentation with varying outputs (PDF, CSV, etc.)
· Strong relational database skills, preferably with SQL Server
· Development experience with Crystal Reports is a plus
· Proven technical, analytical and problem resolution skills
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to work in a globally distributed team environment
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen.