Transportation Digital Solutions
You will be responsible for programing a component, feature and or feature set. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business. You will also contribute to design discussions.
• Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts.
• Ability to take ownership of small and medium sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members.
• Provide technical leadership to an agile team of 5-7
• Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices.
• Helps drive pair programming practices and code reviews across the team.
• Demonstrates awareness or product positioning and key differentiators.
• Expert in writing code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
• Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems.
• Skilled in core data structures and algorithms and implements them using appropriate chosen language.
• Promotes transparency by proactively sharing design choices with appropriate audiences, with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness.
• Demonstrates expert understanding of functional and nonfunctional requirements and their priority within the backlog.
• Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• Minimum 5 years of programming/software engineering experience utilizing JAVA/J2EE or Python, or Spring.
• Minimum 3 years of developing applications in AWS environment.
• Proficiency building RESTful web services with Java and Spring MVC.
• Advanced working knowledge of AWS services such as EC2, API Gateway, Lambda, S3, RDS, DynamoDB, CodeCommit, Codebuild, CodeDeploy, SQS etc.
• Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD).
• AWS certification is a plus.
• Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns and coding principles
• Experience with micro service-oriented architecture and event-driven architectures
• Development experience on multiple Linux platforms
• Being a committer or a contributor to an open source project is a plus.
• Experience with NoSQL Databases (Cassandra, Elasticsearch) and Relational DBs (Postgres, MySQL).
• 3 years of experience with modern tooling (Eclipse / IntelliJ, Maven, NPM, Grunt, Git, Chef, Cloud Foundry, etc.)
• Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
• Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
• Demonstrates awareness about competitors and industry trends
• Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices
• Ability to takes ownership of small and medium sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members
• Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale. Able to speak to mutual needs and win-win solutions. Uses two-way communication to influence outcomes and ongoing results
• Identifies misalignments with goals, objectives, and work direction against the organizational strategy. Makes suggestions to course correct
• Continuously measures deliverables of self and team against scheduled commitments. Effectively balances different, competing objectives
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Effective team building and problem solving abilities
• Persists to completion, especially in the face of overwhelming odds and setbacks. Pushes self for results; pushes others for results through team spirit
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.