In this role, you will be working with a team of technologists focused on delivering Continuous Integration, Automation as well as consulting with development and partners in test and process automation. As the technical associate of this team, you will be working directly to shape our technology vision and will have a real impact on our development success.
We’re seeking someone who is passionate about automation and is comfortable in the construction, automation, management, administration, and operation of CI/CD systems.
In this role, you will:
· Own medium-sized quality engineering tasks; and delivers while mentoring and helping team members
· Make technology choices at individual level and has ability to analyze impact
· Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP/Scrum, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
· Integrate project testing with continuous-integration process
· Work with fellow team members to diagnose bugs and formulate solutions
· Provide expertise in the quality engineering, test planning and testing methodology for a software project
· Develop and executes maintainable automation tests for acceptance, functional, and regression test cases
· Provides subject matter expertise in quality engineering processes and methodologies with ability to adapt and improvise in various situations.
· Bachelor's Degree. A minimum 4 years of professional experience.
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. GE may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with particular skills.
· Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
· Must be willing to travel
· Must be willing to work out of an office located in Roanoke, VA
· Experience with Typescript, AngularJS or React is desired.
· Working experience of Selenium, NodeJS, TestNG, Git, Jenkins must have.
· Experience automating large scalable enterprise level software systems
· Experience building and designing automation frameworks.
· Experience with issue-tracking and agile project management systems such as Jira, or other issue tracking systems
· Experience working in Linux/Unix and Windows environments.
· Experience working with virtual machines (VMs) as part of a test/integration infrastructure
· Demonstrated experience and ability to write Java code and/or shell scripts for the purposes of testing solution code (e.g., white-box testing).
· Experience testing web services (SOAP/REST.)
· Must be able to develop automation for both backend and UI using tools such as Protractor, WebDriverJS are required.
· Experience with Cucumber\\Gherkin, Selenium, RestAPI ,Rest Assured highly desired
· Experience with Rally desired
· Working experience with Continuous Integration and Contentious delivery environment is a must
· Experience with Jenkins or other CI/CD tool is must
· Working experience with Agile and Kanban is a plus
· Be skilled in core data structures and algorithms
· Experience with Java SE/EE, Web Technologies, Web Services/XML/Micro services, Linux/Solaris OS experience
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Effective team building and problem-solving abilities
· Persists to completion, especially in the face of overwhelming odds and setbacks. Pushes self for results; pushes others for results through team spirit
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).