Responsible for testing a component, feature and or feature set. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business. S/he contributes to quality engineering discussions.
In this role, you will:
· Design and implement performance, scalability, stability, and stress tests using industry standard tools, and custom solutions.
· Assist in driving the performance, scalability, and capacity testing strategy.
· Gather performance test requirements and create performance qualification plans.
· Collaborate with development teams on identification of bottlenecks and performance tuning.
· Develop tools to simulate and monitor key performance metrics as needed.
· Understanding of impact of application design on performance.
· Work collaboratively across multiple teams to achieve results.
· Subject matter expert in processes and methodologies with ability to adapt and improvise in various situations. Expert in navigating through ambiguity and prioritizing conflicting asks.
· Work in a fast paced Agile environment and measure and report performance numbers every sprint.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math). A minimum 4 years of professional experience.
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. GE may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with particular skills.
· Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
· Must be willing to travel roughly 5% of the time
· Must be willing to work out of an office located in San Ramon, CA
· Excellent knowledge of load testing tools (loadrunner, jmeter, or equivalent), profiling tools.
· Solid understanding of issues of scale and performance in large-scale cloud environments and ability to identify, debug and propose viable solutions.
· Experience with Java SE/EE, Web Technologies, Web Services/XML/Micro services, Profiling tools, Linux/Solaris OS experience.
· Good understanding of how the JVM manages resources: locks, threads, I/O, memory, etc.
· Knowledgeable about useful metrics, and how to work with them to track against goals/KPIs.
· Real-time monitoring with New Relic or the like. Expertise with NoSQL database technologies.
· Excellent communication skills
· Exposure to cloud foundry environment.
· Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
· Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
· Demonstrates awareness about competitors and industry trends
· Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices Leadership
· Ability to takes ownership of small and medium sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members
· Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale. Able to speak to mutual needs and win-win solutions. Uses two-way communication to influence outcomes and ongoing results
· Identifies misalignments with goals, objectives, and work direction against the organizational strategy. Makes suggestions to course correct
· Continuously measures deliverables of self and team against scheduled commitments. effectively balances different, competing objectives.
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Effective team building and problem-solving abilities
· Persists to completion, especially in the face of overwhelming odds and setbacks.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).