Sr Manager - Software Engineering
Description de l'offre
Digital Platform & Industrial Applications
You will be accountable for developing and maintaining a world class Demo system and portal for GE Digital suite of products. You will apply your knowledge of management, customer & cross-team interaction, software development methodologies, DevOps tools, architectural aspects, automation, application monitoring, best practices and proven processes across the globe to build & operate GE Digital Application Demo Store, with in planned schedule with superb quality and high availability (99.9%).
In this role, you will
global team of high energy software developers and be responsible for
maintenance and enhancement of GE Digital DDL Portal and Demo application
· Build a
rock-solid GE Digital Application demo system with 24x7 monitoring and high
very strong technical leadership and people management skills including solid
communication and analytical skills with thorough understanding of product
& solution development, successful problem definition, decomposition,
estimation and resolution
decision making through active partnership with cross-functional teams
on technical aspects in strategic and day to day decisions and work, including
dev ops/automation aspects, solution architecture and use case definitions.
lead strategic business partnerships and relationships through Technical,
Budgetary, Contractual and Planning
deployment (and related automation, monitoring, etc) of GE Digital Applications
in Predix instances across the world
development/integration of DDL (Digital Demo Lounge) Application demo store
catalog & reservation system
mentor and lead a diverse group of lean/agile software and user experience
with product owners across the businesses that will contribute their
applications to demo store
directly with internal and external customers to understand business and
increased efficiency across the teams, eliminating duplication, leveraging
product and technology reuse
process improvements which guide the development, sustaining & support
project data relating to tracking and financials current
resource strategy and plans, including use of 3rd parties/partners, etc., in
support of development and support activities
· Plan and
manage budgets related to scope of team
effectively both within immediate team and GE leadership. Ensure team receives
consistent messages and has clear understanding of business direction, strategy
· Build a high performing
software development & operations team
· Provides coaching, feedback, developmental opportunities, etc. to directs.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
· A minimum of 10 years of professional experience
· 2+ years in an Agile, Kanban, Scrum or other development methodology
· Minimum 1 year of experience in an engineering leadership / management role
· Experience in Cloud Technologies and distributed computing
· Experience in devops tools / automation (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt, etc), application & solution architecture, application monitoring (using tools such as New Relic, Kibana/logstash, data generation/simulation tools and use case definitions
· Expertise / knowledge in tools/technologies such as Docker, Cloud Foundry, AWS, Artifactory, Nexus, Git, SVN, Rally
· Proficient in Build Automation Framework and testing tools such as, Protractor, Selenium, Jmeter
· Experience working with GIT, Maven or Gradle, Cloud Foundry, App Monitoring (like New Relic)
· Ability write unit tests (TDD practices) for backend and frontend services
· Good Understanding of CI/CD Jenkins, python
· Committed to TDD methodology and XP programming techniques
· Recognizes patterns and complexity in problems
· Evaluates technology to drive features and roadmaps.
· Maps technology trends to internal vision.
· Embraces technology trends that drive excellence beyond traditional practices (e.g., Test automation in lieu of traditional QA practices)
· Balances value propositions for competing stakeholders.
· Recommends a well-researched recommendation of buy vs. build solution.
· Conveys the value proposition for the company by assessing financial risks and gains of decisions and return on investment (ROI).
· Manages the process of building and maintaining a successful alliance.
· Understands and successfully applies common analytical techniques, including ROI, SWOT, and Gap analyses.
· Able to clearly articulate the business drivers relevant to a given initiative
· Influences through others; builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas.
· Pre-emptively sees downstream consequences and effectively tailors influencing strategy to support a positive outcome.
· Uses experts or other third parties to influence
· Able to verbalize what is behind decisions and downstream implications.
· Continuously reflecting on success and failures to improve performance and decision-making.
· Understands when change is needed. Participates in technical strategy planning
· Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team.
· Able to navigate accountability in a matrixed organization; Communicates and demonstrates a shared sense of purpose.
· Learns from failure
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Voici d'autres offres qui pourraient te plaire
À propos de General Electric
Inventer le monde industriel de demain, telle est la motivation de General Electric.
Multinationale de renom, GE est leader dans les secteurs énergie et transports dont les activités se répartissent entre GE Energy Infrastructure, GE Technology Infrastructure, GE Capital, GE Consumer & Industrial et NBC Universal. Doté d'importants pôles de recherche, General Electric met donc à profit son savoir-faire et ses connaissance afin produire de l'énergie, bâtir, faciliter les déplacement et améliorer les soins à travers le monde.
GE couvre un large de panel de métiers, niveaux et compétences à travers des fonctions d'ingénierie, marketing, santé, finance, logistique, communication, business développement etc. De ce fait, les offres du simple stage au CDI ne manquent pas en France, notamment sur les sites de Buc et Velizy Villacoublay, près de Paris.
La société offre des voies professionnelles multiples et intéressantes d'un point de vue rémunération, cadre de travail et challenges pour de jeunes stagiaires ou alternants souhaitant mettre à profit leurs compétences au sein d'une entreprise au service de tous pour inventer les solutions de demain.
Rejoignez GE pour construire votre parcours ensemble.