Description de l'offre
You will be working on projects in network infrastructure as a technical expert or internal consultant. You will work on projects for components of network infrastructure.
In this role you will:
· Participate in network technical and business discussions relative to future architect direction.
· Assist in the analysis, design and development of the network infrastructure roadmap and implementation based upon a current vs. future state in a cohesive architecture viewpoint.
· Gather and analyze data and develop architectural requirements at project level.
· Participate in the network infrastructure architecture governance model.
· Participate in the development of network software, data, and technology.
· Contribute to the designs and deployment of network infrastructure solutions meeting standardization, consolidation, TCO, security, regulatory compliance and application system qualities , for different businesses.
· Research and evaluate emerging network technology, industry and market trends to assist in
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) OR equivalent experience
· A minimum of 1 year of professional experience in Network Infrastructure OR a Master’s degree in a relevant discipline
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
· Must be willing to travel
· Experience working with software-defined networking technologies for data center: white-box switching, Cumulus Networks, Big Switch Technologies, Dell OS10, Pica8, etc.)
· Experience with automation platforms and development environments: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Docker, Jenkins, Travis, Vagrant, etc.
· Interest and ability to learn coding languages as needed
· Understanding of GE Network Team’s code deployment standards is a plus
· Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
· Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
· Demonstrates awareness about competitors and industry trends, and can analyze impact of technology choices
· Ability to takes ownership of small and medium sized tasks and drive to completion
· Delivers tasks on-time with alignment to architectural goals. Can identify and raise issues, risks and benefits.
· Identifies misalignments with goals, objectives, and work direction against the organizational strategy. Makes suggestions to course correct.
· Continuously measures deliverables of self and team against scheduled commitments. Effectively balances different, competing objectives
· Effective team building and problem solving abilities
· Reacts open-mindedly to new perspectives or ideas. Considers different or unusual solutions when appropriate.
· Persists to completion, especially in the face of overwhelming odds and setbacks. Pushes self for results; pushes others for results through team spirit.
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.At GE Digital, we are creating technology and solutions to enable social, mobile, analytical and cloud capabilities for the Industrial Internet. The Industrial Internet is an open, global network that connects people, data and machines. It’s about making infrastructure more intelligent and advancing the industries critical to the world we live in.
At GE, we believe it’s about the future of industry—energy, healthcare, transportation, manufacturing. It’s about making the world work better. GE is transforming itself to become the world's premier digital industrial company, executing critical outcomes for our customers. Explore how you can drive greater asset reliability, lower operating costs, reduce risk and accelerate operational performance with our Predix platform and software solutions.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.