Healthcare Global Law & Policy
The Senior Fraud & Abuse Counsel will provide advice and counsel to GE Healthcare business operations in the U.S. on conducting business activities in compliance with laws and regulations (e.g., Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, Anti-kickback Statute. False Claims Act) and GE policies. In particular, this role will serve as a subject matter expert on the AKS and will advise business teams on a wide range of matters involving healthcare fraud and abuse issues.
• Consult with and advise business leaders and legal and compliance colleagues on AKS issues and risk mitigation strategies across a wide range of business activities and arrangements.
• Collaborate with the GEHC compliance and legal organizations to detect, assess, and mitigate AKS/fraud and abuse compliance risks; train and support the wider legal team on such risks; promote a culture of continuous improvement; and support compliance investigations.
• Take a lead role, in conjunction with the Government Affairs team, with respect to government relations activities, trade associations, and regulatory agency responses.
• Oversee outside counsel, as necessary.
This individual must have a proven record of being thorough, fair, and objective with attention to detail, responsive, and ability to work in a diverse and multicultural work environment.
• J.D. with active bar membership
• A minimum of 7 years health law experience at a large law firm, corporate legal department, and/or government agency
• Experience in advising the healthcare industry and previous exposure to medical industry regulations (health authority/regulatory, Medicare/Medicaid Anti-Kickback, Anti-Bribery, Privacy)
• Process-oriented mindset and/or experience developing policies, procedures, and/or work instructions
• Demonstrable experience operationalizing policies, helping enforce compliance, and driving culture change
• Previous experience in identifying and resolving legal issues quickly and effectively and ability to make on-the-spot risk calls
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong leadership with experience in supporting a globally distributed team
• Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills are required
• Highest personal integrity with demonstrated ability to handle confidential matters in a discreet and respectful manner that inspires trust
• Professional fluency in English is required
• Process and detail-oriented, including strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize
• Self-motivated with ability to handle a large and varied work load simultaneously, and to work independently with minimal supervision
• Outstanding communication, coaching, and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the organization, including senior business and functional leaders. Proven ability to foster a team capable of flexing and collaborating across an organization
• Excellent facilitation and presentation skills, proven ability to clearly and concisely prepare, present, and discuss findings and recommendations at a senior level and produce clear and compelling reports
• High level of cultural sensitivity, flexibility and emotional intelligence in order to work effectively within a multicultural environment
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).