Healthcare Digital Technology
As a Sr Data Scientist, you will be part of a data science or cross-disciplinary team on commercially-facing development projects, typically involving large, complex data sets. These teams typically include statisticians, computer scientists, software developers, engineers, product managers, and end users. Potential application areas include remote monitoring and diagnostics across infrastructure and industrial sectors, financial portfolio risk assessment, and operations optimization.
In this role you will:
• Develop analytics to address customer needs and opportunities.
• Work alongside software developers and software engineers to translate algorithms into commercially viable products and services.
• Work in technical teams in development, deployment, and application of applied analytics, predictive analytics, and prescriptive analytics.
• Perform exploratory and targeted data analyses using descriptive statistics and other methods.
• Work with data engineers on data quality assessment, data cleansing and data analytics
• Generate reports, annotated code, and other projects artifacts to document, archive, and communicate your work and outcomes.
• Share and discuss findings with team members.
• Master’s Degree in a “STEM” major (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) plus experience analytics development for industrial applications in a commercial setting or a Ph.D. in a “STEM” major (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) or equivalent knowledge/experience
• Demonstrated skill in the use of one or more analytic software tools or languages (e.g., SAS, SPSS, R, Python)
• Demonstrated skill at data cleansing, data quality assessment, and using analytics for data assessment
• Demonstrated skill in the use of applied analytics, descriptive statistics, feature extraction and predictive analytics on industrial datasets
• Demonstrated skill at data visualization and storytelling for an audience of stakeholders
• Experience with SQL
• Working knowledge related to statistic and machine learning algorithms
• Presentation skills (adjust language and details level to the recipient)
• Curious and enthusiastic about using data science methods to solve problems and enthuse others to see the benefit of work
• Demonstrated awareness of data management methods
• Demonstrated awareness of realtime analytics development and deployment
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.