Sr Data Scientist position will be working on building data science based analytics in customer backed solutions. One of the initial programs would be the Wall of Analytics. This position will be responsible for participating in all aspects of data science tasks required for synthesizing data, reporting insights, designing and implementing analytical solutions. She/he will work independently and contribute to the immediate team and to other teams across business
· Build an understanding of the business needs that enables the team to identify data needs and address critical data issues
· Identify data analysis and visualization needs
· Process, analyze and synthesize customer data from multiple sources.
· Explore data and discover patterns, meaningful relationships, anomalies, and trends
· Store structured analytical information in data-warehouse and ensure information is cataloged and easily available to users for direct consumption or integration with analytical systems.
· Research methodology, tools and frameworks for data analytics.
· Assist team members and stake holders to deliver value added solutions through advanced analytics and modeling techniques.
· Write good quality reports and presentations on analytical projects
· Collaborate with internal and external customers on all stages of the analytical project.
· Interact with data scientists, present technical ideas, seek feedback and participate in technical design with other members of the project team
· Engage in technical discussions; participate in technical designs and present technical ideas
· Be an expert in core analytical structures as well as advanced analytic algorithms and implement them using language of choice
· Maintain code quality through best practices, unit testing and code quality automation
· Demonstrate the understanding of Agile software development lifecycle and be able to distinguish the core inputs and outputs in each cycle.
· Identify the scope of the work, provide initial estimate and justify the estimate with facts
· Capture analytical system requirements by brainstorming with Architects/Product Managers.
· Demonstrate the ability to make informed technology choices after due diligence and impact assessment
· Master’s Degree in a “STEM” major (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) plus 1 year analytics development for industrial applications in a commercial setting OR Ph.D. in a “STEM” major (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics)
· GE Leadership Program Graduates will get credit towards relevant work experience, commensurate to the program they have completed
· Demonstrated skill in the use of one or more analytic software tools or languages (e.g., SAS, SPSS, R, Python)
· Demonstrated skill at data cleansing, data quality assessment, and using analytics for data assessment
· Demonstrated expertise in modeling and in the development and application of descriptive, applied, and predictive analytics on industrial datasets
Eligibility Requirements: (Country Specific)
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. GE may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with particular skills
· Must be willing to work out of an office located in Hoffman Estates, IL
· Good knowledge of medical datasets and predictive analytics in healthcare domain
· Experience with Apache Spark and Storm technologies
· Experience with n-tier, SaaS or cloud based products
· Experience using tools like Eclipse, Intellij.
· Strong understanding of relational database structures, principles and practices with ability to write SQL queries.
· Passionate about data and working through complex details of data collection, processing and transformations
· Must understand how data is turned into information to enable key business process. Experience creating analytical datasets
· A strong mathematical foundation, excellent analytical capabilities with experience in a range of machine learning techniques
· Creative Problem solver and Open to learning new technologies.
· Excellent Analytical and Problem solving skills
· Work collaboratively as part of a self-organizing scrum team with minimal supervision
· Participate in testing efforts as needed.
· Excellent communication and Interpersonal skills.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen.