Description de l'offre
The Global Specialty Fulfillment (GSF) comprises operations across the following businesses such as Amazon Fresh, Prime Now, Whole Foods, Restaurants and Prime Pantry. The team is seeking an Sr Sr. Data Scientist with broad technical skills to help build the infrastructure and tools required to understand the main drivers for Concessions and drive the roadmap to reduce concessions across all GSF businesses. The scope of this role will span all GSF businesses but the focus will primarily be in the grocery delivery space. The ideal candidate will draw upon advanced analytical, critical thinking, problem solving skills, software development experience, and a passion for creating maintainable, highly reliable, distributed systems which operate 24/7/365. Successful candidates will collaborate effectively with internal end-users, FC Operations Leadership, Retail and BI teams and technical support/sustaining engineering teams to solve problems, implement new solutions, and deliver successfully against high operational standards of system availability and reliability. We look for candidates who are excellent communicators, self-motivated, flexible, hardworking, and who like to have fun.
The complexity of research and skills for a Sr. Data Scientist
is well beyond basic data entry and research. It involves complex analysis and diving deep into key metrics based on requests, building and maintaining multiple databases, extensive knowledge of software applications to create tools, and understanding of multiple programming languages.
The following provides some detail of the job duties and responsibilities.
· Manipulate/mine data from database tables (MySQL, SQL server, Oracle, Data Warehouse, FC log files)
· Develop websites using (RUBY, HTML, PHP, Java, AJAX) which would allow users throughout the FC including the leadership team the ability to graphically understand the top issues and help them in formulating action plan and counter measures.
· Root cause research into identifying process breakdowns within departments and providing data through use of various skill sets to find solutions to breakdowns
· Analyze and report data findings and complete reports on building capacity, inventory control metrics, error reporting, and performance management control
· BS degree in Computer Science and 7+ years of industry experience developing large scale distributed software systems or a MS degree with 5 year experience or 3 years related amazon experience.
· Proficiency in SQL
· Proficiency in one programming language
· Customer obsession and focus