GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy Digital Services
The Sr Data Scientist will work in teams addressing statistical, machine learning and data understanding problems in a commercial technology and consultancy development environment. In this role, you will contribute to the development and deployment of modern machine learning, operational research, semantic analysis, and statistical methods for finding structure in large data sets.
You will be part of a data science or cross-disciplinary team
• Develop analytics to address customer needs and opportunities.
• Work alongside software developers and software engineers to translate algorithms into commercially viable products and services.
• Work in technical teams in development, deployment, and application of applied analytics, predictive analytics, and prescriptive analytics.
• Perform exploratory and targeted data analyses using descriptive statistics and other methods.
• Work with data engineers on data quality assessment, data cleansing and data analytics
• Apply machine learning algorithms including classification, cluster analysis, time series analysis, forecasting, and Random Forest.
• Share and discuss findings with team members.
• Master’s Degree in a “STEM” major (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) plus 1 year analytics development for industrial applications in a commercial setting
OR Ph.D. in a “STEM” major (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics)
• GE Leadership Program Graduates will get credit towards relevant work experience, commensurate to the program they have completed
• Demonstrated skill in the use of one or more analytic software tools or languages (e.g., SAS, SPSS, R, Python)
• Demonstrated skill at data cleansing, data quality assessment, and using analytics for data assessment
• Demonstrated skill in the use of applied analytics, descriptive statistics, feature extraction and predictive analytics on industrial datasets
• Demonstrated skill at data visualization and storytelling for an audience of stakeholders
• Demonstrated awareness of data management methods
• Demonstrated awareness of realtime analytics development and deployment
• Demonstrated awareness of industry and technology trends in one or more sectors where GE operates
• Demonstrated awareness of customer and stakeholder management and business metrics
• Demonstrated skill at function in a team setting
• Demonstrated awareness of critical thinking and problem solving methods
• Demonstrated awareness of presentation and influencing skills
• Demonstrated awareness of how to succeed in ambiguous circumstances
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.