This is an opportunity to join a team that is working to revolutionize healthcare. As an early member of the team you will play a significant role in leading that charge. You can be one of the first experts to have ever tackled these problems. The novel work you perform will have a meaningful impact on worldwide medical practices. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with world-leading clinicians on a regular basis and lead the creation of new deep learning models.
In this role, you will:
· Provide guidance to data collection teams on test protocols including design of experiments, sample size, and statistical distributions.
· Design and implement networks to provide automation of clinical tasks using one or more of medical images, electronic medical records, waveforms, and clinical reports.
· Design and implement scene labeling techniques for medical images
· Design and implement image preprocessing and alignment algorithms
· Hyper parameter optimization
· Demonstrate algorithms meet accuracy requirements on general subject population through statistical analyses and error estimation
· Write technical reports summarizing development, analysis, training, validation, and testing of the algorithms
· Provide design input specifications, requirements, and guidance to software engineers for algorithm implementation for product development
· Collaborate with team members and external experts
· Provide presentations to the management and cross-functional teams
· Stay up-to-date in the field of machine learning and deep learning
· Apply new technologies in development of products
· Master’s Degree in a “STEM” major (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) or equivalent field plus 1 year analytics development for industrial applications in a commercial setting OR Ph.D. in a “STEM” major (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) or equivalent field
· GE Leadership Program Graduates will get credit towards relevant work experience, commensurate to the program they have completed
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. GE may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with particular skills.
· Must be willing to travel to attend meetings, workshops, conferences & etc.
· Must be willing to work out of an office located in San Ramon, CA
· Have completed graduate-level coursework in statistics
· Experimental design experience
· Technical proficiency in languages such as Python, C++, Java, etc.
· Experience with medical imaging analysis leveraging methodologies using GPUs
· Hands-on advanced proficiency in handling and analyzing large data sets such as medical imaging data.
· Extensive experience with neural network libraries such as Keras, TensorFlow, Torch etc.
· Expertise in broader machine learning techniques
· Excellent written communication, verbal communication and presentation skills are required.
· Experienced with the information technology aspects of data collection, organization, and integration
· Knowledge in optimal computational environment required for data processing, data mining and machine learning
· Software applications development experience
· Experience working with biomedical non-imaging data
· Understands the competitive landscape, regulatory marketing, etc.
· Articulates clearly the main industry dynamics. Demonstrates awareness of important current trends (economic, political, environmental, regulatory, etc.) affecting the industry
· Have participated in competitions (e.g., Kaggle)
· Experienced in writing peer-reviewed scientific manuscripts
· Uses teamwork skills to achieve goals, solve problems, and manage conflict. Understands individual differences
· Systematically breaks problems into component parts. Identifies a successful solution and quantifies the associated risks/outcomes of the solution
· Can ask appropriate questions needed to translate an abstract problem into a quantifiable analysis for identifying solutions. Seeks out processes and ideas that are out of the norm.
· Identifies when additional information is needed from customer/manager and ask cogent and relevant questions to obtain it.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen.