As a Sr Data Engineer you will help build out our cloud-based data analytics applications to manage our IT infrastructure and assets. You will have the opportunity to build new applications from scratch and perform system design. You will be solutioning for modern data and analytics pipeline on cloud with best-in-class availability and performance.
· Architect data solution for on our AWS VPC
· Implement modern data ETL pipeline on cloud with best-in-class performance and availability
· Code software needed to extract data from enterprise IOT devices
· Build data analytics solution for time series, structured and unstructured data
· Perform analytics of the data as needed
· Translate high-level business requirements into detailed functional specifications
· Help lead agile software development and manage the core inputs/outputs in each cycle.
· Lead data platform implementation. Coach and mentor junior team members.
· >Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math). A minimum of 5 years of professional experience OR MBA/Master’s degree with 2 years of experience
· Be an expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and can implement them using language of choice
· Solid understanding of application integration
· Strong coding skill
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
· Solid understanding of IT infrastructure operations (compute, storage and network infrastructure)
· Experience with Big Data / Hadoop / SQL / NoSQL Databases (Cassandra etc.) / Data Warehousing
· Interest in big data technologies/data science
· Experience with AWS services (S3, EMR, Lamda, etc.)
· Experience with infrastructure automation and orchestration (Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt, etc.)
· Experience with managing large infrastructure platform and driving stability through automated monitoring, alerting, and actions.
· Experience developing for, configuring, and supporting Cloud computing solutions
· Hands-on experience with messaging queues (RabbitMQ, Kafka, etc.)
· Strong problem solving abilities and capable of articulating technical topics or assignments
· perience in building scalable and highly available distributed systems
· Strong communication skill
· Data science experience is a plus
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.