The Cyber Intelligence Team is looking to hire a full time Sr. Cyber Intelligence Analyst. The candidate will be responsible for helping GE Aviation anticipate and uncover cyber threats that intersect with geopolitical risks, impacting GE and its P&Ls. The candidate will work cross-functionally with analysts from different parts of the organization, and their analytic insights will be applied to make GE and its users more secure.
The Sr. Cyber Intelligence Analyst will be part of a dynamic, growing team, with an ability to integrate all source intelligence gained from internal incident response, insider investigations, tactical cyber threat actors, and strategic geopolitical risks. The successful candidate will develop analytic products, present a clear, measurable value proposition, and drive business outcomes. Essential Responsibilities include:
· Conduct research and analysis on the intersection of regional geopolitical events and cyber actors against GE employees, business operations, intellectual property, and products.
· Create and maintain priority intelligence requirements (PIR) to drive alignment of intelligence collection with strategic needs and business outcomes.
· Develop requirements, standards, and templates for intelligence product deliverables and output.
· Design, develop, and produce analytic products that are derived from internal and external customer requirements, resulting in specific recommendations or prescriptive security controls.
· Lead analytic projects from start-to-finish, prioritizing time, conducting data analysis and effectively communicating results to both technical and non-technical audiences.
· Work closely with investigative staff, cyber incident response, red team, data protection teams, product security, and executive leadership to drive business outcomes.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Security, Political Science, International Relations, Security Studies, Regional Studies or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) or a high school diploma with a minimum of 5 years of IT experience
· Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in Cyber Security, Information Security consulting, Counter Intelligence, Cyber Intelligence and/ or Political Risk
· Legal authorization to work in the US is required. GE may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with particular skills.
· Ability to obtain and maintain a US Government SECRET security clearance
· Ability to set and manage expectations with key stakeholders and team members
· Strong ability to prioritize and execute with minimal direction or oversight
· Exceptional critical thinking, writing, and presentation skills that properly qualify assessments with concise, relevant, and accurate communications
· Proven track record of successfully managing and executing on short term and long term projects and the ability to establish rapport with various roles (executive management to deeply technical)
· Desired background working in government intelligence or cyber intelligence
· Experience with intelligence collection, developing priority intelligence requirements (PIR), and creating intelligence products
· An understanding of APT (nation states), Cyber Crime, Hacktivism and other associated actors
· Regional expertise in a specific area: MENAT, LATAM, ASPAC, and EMEA
· CISSP, CISM or related SANs certifications, or relevant technical experience preferred
· Foundational cyber skills: Networking (TCP/IP, UDP, Routing); Applications (HTTP, SMTP, DNS, FTP, SSH,etc..); Encryption (DES, AES, RSA) and hashing algorithms (MD5, SHA-1, etc.); System/Application vulnerabilities and exploitation; Operating systems (Windows, *Nix, and Mac)Cloud technology (SaaS, IaaS, PaaS), and malware or behaviors exploiting these systems
· Understanding of NIST 800-53 Framework an ISO 27001 security controls
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.