Atlanta, Schenectady, Other US
GE Gas Power
Gas Power Information Technology
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
General Electric (GE) Gas Power is seeking a motivated Senior Cloud Security Engineer responsible for strategic technical development, including cloud security automation capabilities in AWS and Azure. The successful candidate will have strong problem-solving, time management and analytical skills. As part of the GE Cybersecurity team, a curiosity to learn combined with a builder-attitude will be critical in our mission to address evolving threats and protect company information and resources.
· Work in active partnership with program application leads and stakeholders to architect Cloud solutions using tools and services aligned to standards and secure design patterns.
· Design, build and automate security controls to proactively enforce Security, Risk and Compliance standards for applications, publishing best practices and standards to guide teams.
· Maintain a consistent, secure Cloud environment with visibility of controls and configurations to report and reduce risk across systems and accounts.
· Support the engineering and deployment of secure technology solutions that promote adoption of SecDevOps and Cloud services (IaaS, PaaS & SaaS).
· Understand current and evolving threats for Cloud, including mitigation tools and techniques.
· Research, recommend and implement controls for developing technology such as container orchestration, machine learning and code pipelines.
· Apply native cloud service provider security and monitoring services in the cloud, including network access controls, encryption, alerting and secrets management.
Knowledge of IT service management and cybersecurity processes including change management, incident management, configuration management, threat and vulnerability management.
· Evangelize the need for Cyber controls. Partner to develop plans to mitigate gaps, filing exceptions only as required.
· Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems (IS), Information Technology (IT), Computer Science or Engineering from an accredited college or university;
· Minimum of 5 years of experience with programming or scripting languages;
· Minimum of 3 years of experience with Cloud platforms (AWS or Azure);
· Minimum of 2 years of experience with Cloud automation capabilities
· Knowledge of IT and Cybersecurity frameworks, such as NIST or CIS.
· Highly technical, eager to learn with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Experience with development tools and integrated build systems (Eclipse, Jenkins, Maven, etc).
· Working knowledge of Cloud provider security architecture design patterns.
· Experience performing design reviews to assess security risk for application architecture or introduction of new services.
· Associate or Professional-level Cloud certification(s).
· Experienced in Cloud operations and use of threat intelligence services.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).