GE Healthcare Digital Global DevOps team is looking for a Sr DevOps Engineer to be part of our exciting journey to develop cutting edge cloud-based Healthcare applications used by customers worldwide. The team is looking to add someone who is experienced in systems and services-based architectures, has strong communication skills, strong AWS skills, is team oriented, and is self-motivated to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
As a member of our awesome and growing team, you would contribute toward defining, implementing and supporting, deployment, delivery, and monitoring capabilities for expanding Cloud operations. Key responsibilities are:
• Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing AWS cloud-based production system, to ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of productions systems.
• AWS account and environments provisioning and management
• Build, release and configuration management of production systems.
• System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains.
• Suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements.
• Evaluate new technology options and vendor products.
• Ensuring critical system security through the use of best in class cloud security solutions.
• B.Sc. in Computer Science or other equivalent technical discipline or equivalent knowledge/experience
• AWS: proven experience with using a broad range of AWS technologies (e.g. EC2, RDS, ELB, EBD, S3, IAM, CloudWatch, CloudTrails, KMS) to develop and maintain an Amazon AWS based cloud solution, with an emphasis on best practice cloud security.
• DevOps: Solid experience as a DevOps Engineer in a 24x7 uptime Amazon AWS environment, including automation experience with configuration management tools (e.g. CloudFormation).
• Scripting Skills: Strong scripting (e.g. Python) and automation skills.
• Operating Systems: Windows and Linux system administration.
• Monitoring Tools: Experience with system monitoring tools (e.g. Nagios, Graphana).
• Problem Solving: Ability to analyze and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues.
• Good understanding of build and release process – CI/CD pipeline and associated tools
• OO Programming Skills: Strong OO Programming skills (Java or C++).
• DB Skills: Basic DB administration experience (Oracle, SQL Server).
• Agile Methodologies: Experience with Agile software development, project management methodologies.
• Version Control: Experience administrating version control systems such as GitHub.
• AWS Certification in any of the following: Solution Architect, Developer, System Ops
• Professional commitment to high quality, and a passion for learning new skills.
• Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn new concepts and technologies.
• Strong problem-solving skills, including providing simple solutions to complex situations.
• Must be a strong team player with the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively in a geographically disperse working environment.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.