GE Gas Power
Gas Power Information Technology
As a Sr. Application Operations Engineer in Platform Operations you will act in technological duties associated with ETL technologies. Supporting maintaining, managing and providing guidance and best practices to the Data & Analytics organization to improve and enhance the data solutions.
This assignment is to support the Gas Power Data Platform in the Cloud and On-Premise environment and act as a key contact to the Data Architects.
· Provide technical leadership in Database performance improvements and ETL processing techniques for efficiency.
· Provide ongoing support for the services and applications that are critical to our business needs.
· Demonstrate technical expertise across data lake technologies to efficiently troubleshoot and improve application performance and availability
· Work as SME in ETL technologies to be able to support end to end the data ingestion and data processing in the Data Lake.
· Provides impact assessment and mitigation plan for changes going into the production environment.
· Define root cause failures and develop solutions for proper controls/prevention.
· Seek and deliver continuous improvement opportunities to optimize application performance, data quality & accuracy, application availability and operational optimization.
· Assist the business/development teams and data architects in the production cutover planning and preparations of the Data and Analytics solutions.
· Drive the review and production deployments of Data and Analytics solutions to the Production Data Lake environment
· Assist and support proof of concepts and new technology introductions for installation, configuration and validation.
· Bachelor’s degree, or foreign degree equivalent, in STEM major (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) with significant post-Bachelor’s degree related experience.
· Minimum Years of Experience: 4 years of professional experience
· Strong Experience with Talend and/or Informatica ELT/ETL or Glue.
· Strong Experience with Data Integration technologies
· Expertise in operating, supporting, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
· Systematic problem-solving approach coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive.
· Strong Database Operations with SQL experience (PostgreSQL, Oracle, Greenplum, AWS Aurora)
· Strong hands-on experience in the above-mentioned technologies is required
· Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts.
· Technically savvy, self-motivated and quick learner.
· Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
· Delivers tasks on-time with alignment to architectural goals. Can identify and raise issues, risks and benefits.
· Experience on platform security and auditing processes is added advantage.
· Change oriented – actively generates process improvements; champions and drives change initiatives; confronts difficult circumstances in creative ways, balances multiple and competing priorities and executes accordingly.
· Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definition.
· Understands technical and business discussions relative to future architecture direction aligning with business goals.
· Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Effective team building and problem-solving abilities.
· Applies values, policies, procedures and precedent to make timely, routine decisions of limited, clear choice
· Reacts with an open mind to new perspectives or ideas. Considers different or unusual solutions when appropriate.
· Resolves day-to-day issues related to strategy implementation. Escalates issues that impact the client and/or strategic initiatives.
· Persists to completion, especially in the face of overwhelming odds and setbacks. Pushes self for results; pushes others for results through team spirit.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com