Hungary, United States
Digital Workplace Technologies (DWT) within GE Digital is responsible for delivering world class end user products, services, and support. The Sr System Administration Engineer will concentrate on the configurations, support, monitoring and maintenance of GE’s enterprise scale email messaging platform. Included in the focus areas is the critical evaluation and selection of the software and hardware components of the infrastructure, cloud providers, cloud monitoring, deployment & provisioning tools. This role is responsible for enhancing the user experience by continuously improving the service and experiences, and ensuring email services are always up and running and available to end users. In this role, you will deliver email service operations globally as a Level3 Email Operations Engineer.
In this role, you will:
• Based on the complexity of issues, you will strive to provide excellent customer service to GE Businesses.
• Own the Exchange Online service and perform as a L3 expert on the Email service within GE and accountable for identifying opportunities to improve overall user experience. Work to transition On Prem email users to Exchange Online; Provide support for acquisitions and divestitures to ensure seamless transitions into and out of GE
• Work on scripting and develop complex scripts in support of operational and project/migration objectives
• Understand and own the tools required to manage email: O365 Admin Portal for managing EXOL, IDMAdmin to manage on prem email, ManageIDM object management tool for EXOL, Proofpoint spam filtering, and Powershell to track whether changes through ManageIDM or IDMAdmin are replicated to EXOL/OnPrem, respectively
• Responsible for engaging with technical support teams from Microsoft as needed and coordinating issue resolution
• Ensure the service meets SLAs and facilitate metrics reporting
• Assist & own the preparation of end user support documentation and knowledge
• Investigate the possibilities of automation for self-service of end user support
• Able to manage and sort out complex problems with accuracy
• Support end user issues by providing the effective solutions
• Partner with other product teams as needed to plan and test automation solutions
• Drive to increase the business Net Promoter Scores (NPS)
• Identify efforts to improve and simplify End-User experience by reducing the volume of tickets, reducing touch points, improve accountability, and driving the usage of the self-service tools and other programs such as “shift left” within the Email service
• Initiate new technology pilots and programs to ensure end-user support readiness for go-live launches
• Drive a higher level of customer satisfaction by improving support team quality, knowledge, and training
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or HS Diploma/GED with strong IT experience or equivalent experience/training
• Strong experience in Exchange Email services (incl. Outlook 2016)
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to work both autonomously and in constant collaboration with product owners, operations, and end users.
• Ability to clearly communicate data through both verbal and written communications such as presentations, dashboards, and email updates
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal and written communication skills are a must. Able to successfully interact with all levels of the organization.
• Strong work ethic & desire to learn
• Must work out of a GE Digital Hub Location
• Experience working in a global atmosphere
• Language skills over and above English is a plus
• Knowledge and experience with ServiceNow
• Demonstrated ability to drive results in a dynamic and fast pace environment
• Drives change initiatives & strategies
• Understands technical and business discussions relative to future architecture direction aligning with business goals.
• Understands concepts of setting and driving architecture direction.
• Familiar with elements of gathering architecture requirements.
• Understands architecture standards concepts to apply to project work.
• Understand key cross-functional concepts that impact the organization; is aware of business priorities and organizational dynamics.
• Coaches and mentors team members.
• Familiar with concepts of costing hardware and software components. Works to assure work is on-time and within budget.
• Delivers tasks on-time with alignment to architectural goals. Can identify and raise issues, risks and benefits.
• Participates in change initiatives by implementing new directions and providing appropriate information and feedback.
• Applies values, policies, procedures and precedent to make timely, routine decisions of limited, clear choice.
• Reacts open-mindedly to new perspectives or ideas. Considers different or unusual solutions when appropriate.
• Resolves day-to-day issues related to strategy implementation. Escalates issues that impact the client and/or strategic initiatives.
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Additional introduction… It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!