GE Transportation Spring 2019 Intern/Co-op
Description de l'offre
Erie, Grove City, Fort Worth, Melbourne, Kansas City, Hanover Park, Chicago, Las Vegas
Florida, Illinois, Missouri, Nevada, Pennsylvania, Texas
GE Transportation Co-op’s/Interns gain broad exposure to varied areas of the Locomotive, Mining, Marine systems business. The Co-op Program encourages college students to explore their professional interests while working on larger business projects. Our program goal is to prepare each student for a potential full time position when they graduate in one of our amazing leadership programs.
· Students in engineering & supply chain disciplines work on a wide variety of assignments with responsibilities and hands-on involvement in areas such as heat transfer, fluid mechanics, stress analysis, diesel engine engineering, software and systems engineering, reliability, supply chain, manufacturing, quality, and several other areas.
· Experienced GE managers mentor student contributions and support their technical and professional development during their GE intern/coop assignments.
· In addition to valuable work experience, students have the opportunity to build leadership and functional skills through training workshops on Lean/Six Sigma methodologies, resume writing, presentation skills, communicating in the workplace, interviewing skills, finance for engineers, and other selected topics.
· Some assignments require moderate travel. Full & Part-time co-op opportunities available.
· Must have and maintain at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale after completing full year of college (or equivalent) no rounding
· Must have completed at least one year of college (Rising Sophomore)
· Must be enrolled in a nationally accredited engineering degree program or supply chain management program. Preference will be given to students pursuing the following degrees: Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or Supply Chain Management.
· Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
· Willingness to take roles at any of our Transportation locations
· Strong commitment to career in engineering or manufacturing
· An analytic approach to problem solving
· Strong knowledge of computer and Microsoft Office suite
· Willingness and ability to learn from others
· Demonstrated leadership and a team player
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· One who strives for academic success
· Sees changing business needs as an opportunity
· Reliable transportation needed at most sites.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
Voici d'autres offres qui pourraient te plaire
À propos de General Electric
Inventer le monde industriel de demain, telle est la motivation de General Electric.
Multinationale de renom, GE est leader dans les secteurs énergie et transports dont les activités se répartissent entre GE Energy Infrastructure, GE Technology Infrastructure, GE Capital, GE Consumer & Industrial et NBC Universal. Doté d'importants pôles de recherche, General Electric met donc à profit son savoir-faire et ses connaissance afin produire de l'énergie, bâtir, faciliter les déplacement et améliorer les soins à travers le monde.
GE couvre un large de panel de métiers, niveaux et compétences à travers des fonctions d'ingénierie, marketing, santé, finance, logistique, communication, business développement etc. De ce fait, les offres du simple stage au CDI ne manquent pas en France, notamment sur les sites de Buc et Velizy Villacoublay, près de Paris.
La société offre des voies professionnelles multiples et intéressantes d'un point de vue rémunération, cadre de travail et challenges pour de jeunes stagiaires ou alternants souhaitant mettre à profit leurs compétences au sein d'une entreprise au service de tous pour inventer les solutions de demain.
Rejoignez GE pour construire votre parcours ensemble.