GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Oilfield Equipment
The SPCO NPI Lead Engineer demonstrates accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives for the Surface Pressure Control & Offshore product lines. In this role you will utilize your experience and knowledge to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short term and long-term business goals.
In the role of SPCO NPI Lead Engineer, you will:
· Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product or program requirements
· Identify, develop, introduce, and evaluate engineering solutions to meet equipment requirements
· Provide technical support to the broader project team
· Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects consistent with engineering policies and procedures
· Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments
· Participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues
· Effectively communicate and provide recommendations through the analysis, preparation, and presentation of technical data to internal and external BHGE customers
· Support other GE businesses, internal and external customers, and suppliers as required
· Lead, participate and organize efforts in assigned projects and / or tasks
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university
· Minimum 3 years' experience in generation of design documentation, engineering part specifications and bill of material structures
· Minimum 3 years' experience in design for structural requirements per DNV and API codes for oil and gas equipment
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
· Successful project execution history
· Experience with 3D CAD modeling software and computational tools (PROE, ACAD, Mathcad)
· Problem analysis and resolution skills
· Technological proficiency, including relevant engineering tools
· Ability to successfully work in a team environment
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only full stream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.