Description de l'offre
GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Oilfield Equipment
The Surface Pressure Control (SPC) Lead Application Engineer will play a key role between the Commercial/ITO team and OTR Engineering teams, responsible for surface wellhead and flow control equipment design and proposal generation. This includes working with the customer to establish and define technical requirements, selecting appropriate equipment, analyzing operating conditions and optimizing as required.
In the role of SPC Lead Application Engineer, you will:
· Operate within the ITO team (Application Engineer), executing design tasks to fulfil customer Tender / RFQ and any internal equipment that are necessary to fulfil our business obligation, while following the applicable engineering quality procedures and process
· Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned individual and team projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
· Prepare and review Bills of materials, stack-up drawings, cost drawings and procedures that are required at tender stage
· Run calculations that are necessary to evaluate conformance of design to applicable standards using Mathcad and Excel
· Formulate and implement plans to achieve technical requirements, scheduling, and contract commitments
· Develop action plans to anticipate and respond to problems with the engineering team(s)
· Provide technical leadership to personnel/ cross functional teams supporting the assigned project
· Lead or participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues
· Recommend, with guidance, the approach to meet the technical and program requirements
· Participate and present or review in technical and program reviews
· Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
· Apply for patent applications when applicable
· Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university
· Minimum 3 years of experience in an engineering position
· Understanding of product rationalization and restructuring methods
· Experience in identifying standard product suitable for standard offerings globally
· Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems
· Solid oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
· Software proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MathCad. and ProEngineer
· Six Sigma training preferred
· Proven analytical and organizational ability
· Ability to lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
· Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
· Effective problem identification and solution skills
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.