Aviation Supply Chain
You will lead and execute on strategic buying and negotiating for the composites value stream. They will formulate strategies based on supplier capacity and cost out in collaboration with supply chain leadership. The Sourcing Composites Buyer will also own supplier contract health and are responsible for reporting health information and report on strategy to leadership.
The Sourcing Composites Buyer, will:
· Manage the strategic relationship with composite suppliers
· Own supplier’s contract health to ensure schedule coverage of direct material requirements
· Drive cost out of current contracts by leveraging the expertise of cross functional teams of Design, Manufacturing, and Materials engineering to improve processes at suppliers
· Lead capacity analysis and resolution of constraints using the S&OP process to ensure Suppliers are capable of meeting requirements
· Negotiate terms and conditions with suppliers to meet Finance cash targets
· Present data to EB and SEB leadership on progress to cost, cash, and PO health goals
· Place and follow-up on POs
· Manage relationships with suppliers for PO execution
· Manage problems and schedule changes
· Update ERP
· Develop new solutions under guidance and/or in a team setting or based upon precedents in the organizations
· Balance both tactical execution with strategic initiatives necessary to drive cost reduction projects
· Work together with high level people from the business at SPB and EB level
· Specify needs, communicate about project approach and present outcomes of research done
· Provide technical / commercial assistance to Commodity Buyers to develop awareness of manufacturing processes and improve product knowledge
· Actively participate in supplier performance reviews
· Advise Functional managers regarding projects, processes and procedures within their own field
· Contribute to project as a team member or leads small projects
· Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (Or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Sourcing)
· Minimum of 3 years of experience in Buying, Procurement, Sourcing or Supply Chain / Manufacturing
· This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
· Prior experience constructing, negotiating and managing contracts of significant value
· Prior experience working with global companies and U.S. trade compliance requirements
· Previous experience leading cross functional teams to implement major projects and programs
· Ability to balance multiple conflicting projects to establish priorities for the overall best business outcome
· Change agent with strong aptitude for work, confident, tenacious and assertive personality
· A problem solver that drives to overcome barriers
· Strong negotiator capable of handling commercial and contractual efforts
· Strong influencer that can function within a team environment
· Previous manufacturing shop operation or engineering experience
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
· Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
· Effective problem identification and solution skills
· Proven analytical and organizational ability
· Effective problem identification and solution skills
· Ability to influence others and lead small teams
· Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
Evendale, Ohio is the headquarters of GE Aviation & the largest GE Aviation facility. Today over 7,500 GE employees work in this Cincinnati suburb designing, developing, & manufacturing large commercial, military, marine & industrial engines. We enjoy a full service park which includes a golf course, soccer fields and much much more! As a GE Aviation employee you'll have access to special membership rates at the park. If you are looking for a workout close to work, visit the on-site Evendale Fitness Center. This user friendly workout facility includes an indoor track, Olympic size indoor pool, weight loss programs, weight training and more. Nearby Cincinnati is a three-state, 15-county region that offers world-class assets in arts and culture, amusements, hospitality, sports & recreation. It offers all of the amenities of a large, bustling metropolis while maintaining a friendly, small town atmosphere which makes the region a remarkably flexible location filled with a wealth of opportunities & options.Click here to learn more about Cincinnati and it's beautiful suburbs!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses,follow us on Twitter!
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers.Learn More about GE
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. To be considered for this role, you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1101(a)(2) and 8 USC 1324b(a)(3).