Description de l'offre
Digital Platform & Industrial Applications
Position Title: Software Test Developer Intern
GE Business: GE Digital
Location: Vancouver, BC
Duration: 8 Months
Anticipated Start Date: Jan 2, 2019
Number of positions: 2
Application Deadline: Sept 28, 2018
The successful applicant will be responsible for integration and testing of EDGE platform which enables GE businesses to collect data from their edge devices and send it to centrally managed cloud for performing analytics and providing insights. We are looking for a motivated, technical, software test developer who is passionate about test automation in an Agile environment and cares about the quality of our products. You will gain exposure supporting all stack of the EDGE platform (EDGEOS, EDGE AGENT, LOCALTECH CONSOLE and EDGE APPLICATIONS) and different supported hardware. Reporting into the QA Manager, you will interact closely with the Product Owners and scrum teams and will be expected to understand the product thoroughly and be a strong quality advocate. Understanding this is a highly technical role, you will be expected to have solid scripting and programming skills.
Nature of work:
In this role, your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to);
• Work on improving and maintaining EDGE integration script and nightly system integration test job
• Work on agile scrum team to incrementally add new features to integration and properly support changes from different component teams
• Work with DevOPs to support integration deployment and testing on different hardware platforms
• Designing, developing, maintaining, and executing test cases for product requirements that are scalable, repeatable and measurable;
• Write automated scripts based on working manually executable test cases;
• Design, implement and maintain end-to-end test automation framework based of nodejs, superagent and cucumber
• Ensure all automated tests are running smoothly during Continuous Integration and work with component teams when there are real defects detected
• Log bugs in Rally (ensuring bug reports are clear and detailed), and own the bug verification process by reproducing and troubleshooting bugs with the developers
• As subject matter expert in integration, provide support for Exploratory testing during release. Provide script automation and instructions for component teams to test integration
• Ensure all features are validated according to definition of done, be gatekeeper of quality
Do you qualify? We are seeking…
• Individuals with less than 2 years of work experience (outside of co-op/internship/summer work experience);
• Knowledge of at least one scripting language: Shell, Ruby, Perl, Python, etc. (with at least 2 coop terms of experience)
• Familiar with docker and microservices based architecture
• Experience with source control tools such as github, git, gerrit etc
• Keen attention to detail and strong analytical, problem solving, troubleshooting, and prioritization skills;
• Strong knowledge of software testing methodologies;
• Automated Testing experience designing and executing automation test against web applications using Selenium- Cucumber, JMeter, Protractor or similar frameworks;
• Ability to facilitate proper communication across component teams regarding integration;
• Experience with test case management tools and issue tracking software (e.g. Testrail, JIRA, Rally);
• University or Master’s Degree in course of completion in Engineering (Computer, Software, or Systems), Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent related discipline
• Open to both current students who will be returning to their in-class studies upon the completion of the work term and recent graduates who have completed their studies within the past 2 years.
Candidates are to submit a cover letter and resume. It is a mandatory requirement that you identify your school, cumulative GPA, and anticipated graduation date as part of the application process.
Please note that this position provides a one-time payment of $6000 to cover relocation expense for people residing outside lower mainland.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in joining GE.
• Ability to read and understand at least one higher level language, e.g. C/C++, Java;
• Experience working with hardware;
• Understand software principles such as multi-threading, memory management, caching, garbage collection;
• Knowledge of web technology: Apache Server, Tomcat, JSON;
• Experience with QA testing and automation.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Digital is the leading software company for the Industrial Internet. The company develops software to design, build, operate and manage the entire asset lifecycle – enabling businesses across the energy, aviation, healthcare and manufacturing sectors to operate faster, smarter and more efficiently. All of industry will have to master digital to compete in the future by moving beyond automation to autonomous systems. GE Digital is a critical part of GE’s present and future by helping industrials unlock machine data to turn valuable insights into powerful business outcomes.
We take our job responsibility seriously, love to play with technology, but we also believe in finding the right work-life balance by having flexible work schedules and providing a great collaborative work environment at a convenient downtown location in Vancouver.
GE Canada is recognized as one of the Top Employers for Young People in 2017. To learn more about our Campus program please go to:www.campuscareers.ge.ca
GE – imagination at work
An Equal Opportunity Employer's