Software | Firmware Engineer
Description de l'offre
GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Measurement & Controls
BHGE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. The software engineer will develop, design and implement software/firmware for industrial measurement and sensing instruments.
In the role of Software | Firmware Engineer, you will:
· Capture system level requirements by brainstorming with team leader and product manager
· Analyze requirements and recommend solutions through architecture discussions
· Identify the scope of the work, provide initial estimate and justify the estimate with facts
· Document the initial design, seek feedback and defend the design by showing values and usage
· Engage in technical discussions; participate in technical designs and present technical ideas through white boarding
· Execute in a fast pace delivery mode and focus on delivering tasks to meet the product release goal
· Pro-actively manage your own work and provide updates in a written format when appropriate
· Perform cross platform development of C / C++ code while maintaining code quality through best practices and code quality automation
· Seek and provide feedback on code
· Contribute in brainstorming sessions to realize a specific product module from scratch
· Support coding style guidelines during implementation and contribute to architecture enhancement
· Be able to work under minimal supervision and a strong individual contributor
· Encourage input from all members of the team
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering from an accredited college or university
· Minimum 3 years of engineering experience
· Demonstrated expertise in C / C++ development for embedded targets ranging from 8 to 32-bits including ARM / ARM Cortex, ADI Blackfin DSP, TI MSP430, and ST Micro SOC devices
· Significant experience in Qt for user interface design, event handling, timers, sockets, and communications
· Experience in data acquisition from live transducers for process control, manufacturing, or medical applications
· Development experience with Xilinx or Altera FPGAs in VHDL
· Experienced with serial communications including RS232, RS485, ModBus, I2C, SPI, and CANbus implementations
· Experience with Ethernet, TCP / IP, socket programming
· Experience with embedded OS or RTOS such as Windows Embedded / CE, INTEGRITY, µC / OS-II, Nucleus PLUS, VxWorks
· Familiar with system level architecture, software development processes including waterfall and Agile methods
· Willingness to produce code conforming to business-prescribed guidelines, while practicing and promoting best software practices of version control, documentation, and defect tracking
· Familiar with hardware debugging at board level using oscilloscope, bus analyzers, digital multimeter, etc.
· Ability to communicate effectively across the design team, conduct and participate in team code review
· Standard office abilities, e.g. web, word processing, and electronic spreadsheet / presentation skills
· Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to perform in a team environment, across functions, and with customer and suppliers
· Strong understanding of Ultrasonic flowmeter fundamental and signal processing
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
Voici d'autres offres qui pourraient te plaire
À propos de General Electric
Inventer le monde industriel de demain, telle est la motivation de General Electric.
Multinationale de renom, GE est leader dans les secteurs énergie et transports dont les activités se répartissent entre GE Energy Infrastructure, GE Technology Infrastructure, GE Capital, GE Consumer & Industrial et NBC Universal. Doté d'importants pôles de recherche, General Electric met donc à profit son savoir-faire et ses connaissance afin produire de l'énergie, bâtir, faciliter les déplacement et améliorer les soins à travers le monde.
GE couvre un large de panel de métiers, niveaux et compétences à travers des fonctions d'ingénierie, marketing, santé, finance, logistique, communication, business développement etc. De ce fait, les offres du simple stage au CDI ne manquent pas en France, notamment sur les sites de Buc et Velizy Villacoublay, près de Paris.
La société offre des voies professionnelles multiples et intéressantes d'un point de vue rémunération, cadre de travail et challenges pour de jeunes stagiaires ou alternants souhaitant mettre à profit leurs compétences au sein d'une entreprise au service de tous pour inventer les solutions de demain.
Rejoignez GE pour construire votre parcours ensemble.