GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Headquarters
As a member of the BHGE Field Services IT team, he/she will utilize experience, knowledge, and skills gained from years of delivering complex technical projects and working with one or more delivery teams to take ownership and accountability of technical project planning and delivery.
The software engineering Specialist would be responsible for designing, developing, testing, and deploying solutions using Apex, Visualforce and other technologies as required.
• Ability to design & develop solutions for the requirements, leveraging configuration, customization, and integration as required to meet the client requirements
• Execute assigned configuration and code development activities for ServiceMax & Salesforce application software projects
• Ensure customizations comply with documented design requirements, that adequate test classes are defined and verified, and that ServiceMax coding standards are followed
• Participate in code review audits at the direction of the Developer Lead
• Maintain weekly project status updates including the identification, documentation and escalation of project issues in a timely manner, as needed
• Experience with data migration tools like Apex Data Loader, Excel Connector to Import and Export the data to the Salesforce.com platform
• Direct involvement in developing business requirements, best practices, process flows, configuration and testing
• Resolve platform and technical issues
• Assist with production support issues
• Remain current with ServiceMax & Salesforce updates, new technologies & best practices
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering experience in development & testing of business applications and technologies
• Atleast 2 years of hands on development experience in ServiceMax, Salesforce.com, Visualforce, Apex both on Configuration & Customization
• ServiceMax/Salesforce Certifications is a plus
• Proven technical, analytical and problem resolution skills
• Experience with Agile methodology
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Must have developed at least 2 full projects from start to finish
• System/application Integrations experience is a plus
• Ability to work in a globally distributed team environment
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.