Come join GE Healthcare in reinventing MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging). In this role, you will have the opportunity to help lay the foundation for our next generation of scanners based on the latest technologies. Agile development principles and continuous customer engagement help us stay ahead of today’s fast-paced medical technology marketplace and provide our customers with the best performing, highest quality, and easiest to use products possible today.
In this role you will:
1. Understand MR clinical needs and translate those to viable product features and requirements.
2. Have responsibility across the full development lifecycle of requirements, design, implementation, and testing.
3. Implement simple solutions to complex problems
4. Live for continuous improvement
5. Expect top tier quality from yourself and your peers
6. Learn new tools and technologies to keep our software on the cutting edge
7. Collaborate to advance the state of the art in areas including, but not limited to:
a. User Interface and Modern user workflow
b. DICOM image creation and management
c. State machine design for controlling the scanner
d. Patient and prescription data management
8. Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, Refactoring and Testing Techniques
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
2. A minimum of 2 years of professional experience.
3. Experience with version control or configuration management and software build
4. Experience with Software development lifecycle in product delivery and maintenance
5. Experience in design and development of software architecture using established design patterns
6. Strong problem-solving abilities
Quality Specific Goals:
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines.
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
1. 5+ years of experience with Java, C++, or another object-oriented language in a production software environment
2. Experience developing web services (Spring framework, RESTful,Web Services)
3. Experience with modern tooling (Gradle, Maven, Perforce, Git)
4. Experience with unit testing, continuous integration, TDD, BDD
5. Familiarity with Linux
6. Experience with agile principles and methodologies
1. Ability to break down problems and estimate time for development tasks
2. Ability to make basic technology choices based on experience
3. Demonstrate awareness about competitors and industry
1. Ability to own small tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary
2. Voice opinions and present clear rationale. Use data or factual evidence to influence
3. Recognize collaborative behavior and participate in collaborative activities
4. Learn organization vision statement and decision-making framework. Understand how team and personal goals/objectives contribute to the organization vision
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.