Digital Platform & Industrial Applications
GE Digital is looking for a Java Backend or Fullstack Software Engineer to work on a number of exciting and mission critical projects that will have very positive impact on GE’s Digital Transformation.
You will be responsible for programming a component, feature and or feature set. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business.
In this role, you will:
· Participate as a team member in design validation sessions; execute design technology tasks as assigned in detail
· Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI/CD, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
· Execute on multiple small and medium sized projects as assigned in a cross-functional environment
· Demonstrate awareness of the software development process.
· Write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality
· Clearly understand and articulate the team's point of view in broader context
· Understand performance parameters and assess application performance
· Proactively share information across the team, to the right audience with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
· A minimum of 2 years of professional experience
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. GE may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with skills.
· Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
· Must be willing to work out of an office located in San Ramon, CA.
· Advanced knowledge of J2EE applications and J2EE/OO design patterns
· Experience developing cloud base applications, distributed computing, Micro services architecture & RESTful APIs
· Participate in testing efforts as needed.
· Excellent Analytical and Problem solving skills
· Creative Problem solver and Open to learning new technologies
· Experience with modern tooling (Spring Boot, Git, GitHub, Bower, Node JS)
· Experience working with Agile software development methodologies
· Knowledge of Polymer/web component technology is a plus.
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Effective team building and problem solving abilities
· Persists to completion, especially in the face of overwhelming odds and setbacks. Pushes self for results; pushes others for results through team spirit
GE drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.