Transportation Digital Solutions
The EdgeLINC IoT Service was launched in 2018. It has revolutionized how IoT devices can be connected to and managed from the Cloud. The ideal candidate for this position will have experience developing and shipping web services in a large-scale, distributed environment. Top notch Java coding skills, strong software design experience and exposure to monitoring and maintaining web services are a must.
• Act as a member of the Software Center of Excellence, representing the face of high quality design and development practices
• Develop high performing, scaling and innovative end-to-end micro services.
• Collaborate with system engineers, frontend developers and software developers to implement solutions that are aligned with and extend shared platforms and solutions
• Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
• Writes codes that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
• Build features such as web services and Queries on existing tables
• Understand performance parameters and assess application performance
• Work on core data structures and algorithms and implement them using language of choice
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• Minimum 3 years of programming/software engineering experience utilizing JAVA/J2EE
• Proficiency building RESTful web services with Java and Spring MVC.
• Experience with relational and non-relational databases; designing schemas
• Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns and coding principles
• Experience working on Agile teams leveraging test driven development, pair programming, and continuous integration.
• Experience developing applications in micro service-oriented architecture and event-driven architectures (MQTT, Kafka, RabbitMQ)
• Experience developing application using AWS (EC2, VPC, S3, and AWS CLI)
• Being a committer or a contributor to an open source project is a plus.
• Experience with NoSQL Databases (Cassandra, Elasticsearch) and Relational DBs (Postgres, MySQL)
• 2 years of experience with modern tooling (Eclipse / IntelliJ, Maven, NPM, Grunt, Git, Chef, Cloud Foundry, etc.)
• 1 year of experience developing backend applications using Spring
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.