Description de l'offre
Evendale, Van Buren
The Software Engineer will partner with the GE Aviation Cybersecurity organization to develop and support cutting-edge tools that improve enterprise security and reduce technology risk. They will work with stakeholders to understand business and security needs, and will collaborate with software engineers in multiple locations to meet the needs of the business using Agile methodology.
· Collaborate with the existing team of software engineers using Agile methodologies (daily standups, sprint planning, user stories, etc.)
· Partner with diverse stakeholders to understand security threats, technology risk, and business needs
· Work with security and technology risk leaders to understand product requirements and vision
· Gather requirements for product enhancements and potential new products
· Translate requirements / vision into prioritized list of user stories and deliver to required timelines and quality standards
· Drive increased efficiency across the teams, eliminating duplication, leveraging product and technology reuse
· Support process improvements which guide the development, sustaining & support activities
· Work cross functionally with other business departments to align activities and deliverables
· Drive world-class quality in the development and support of products
· Communicate effectively within immediate team and across diverse stakeholders and business leadership
· Engage subject matter experts in successful transfer of complex domain knowledge
· Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
· Write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
· Develop and deploy high-quality software using the best practices and methodologies of the team
· Assist in designing architecture and building out infrastructure as required for the software products
· Understand performance parameters and assess application performance
· Work on core data structures and algorithms and implement them using technology chosen
· Address operational issues in a timely manner with DevOps support
· Proactively share information across the team, to the right audience with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
· Minimum of 1 year of professional experience in Software Engineering, IT, or Computer Science
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
· Must be willing to work out of an office located in Evendale, OH or Van Buren, MI
· Experience with Windows and Unix / Linux based programming
· Experience working on software projects in the cyber security domain
· Certified Scrum Master and/or Product Owner
· CISSP, Security+, or similar security certifications
· Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
· Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
· Demonstrates awareness about competitors, vendors, and industry trends
· Can analyze impact of technology choices
· Ability to take ownership of small and medium sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members
· Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale. Able to speak to mutual needs and win-win solutions. Uses two-way communication to influence outcomes and ongoing results
· Identifies misalignments with goals, objectives, and work direction against the organizational strategy. Makes suggestions to course-correct
· Continuously measures deliverables of self and team against scheduled commitments. Effectively balances different, competing objectives
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Effective team building and problem-solving abilities
· Persists to completion, especially in the face of overwhelming odds and setbacks. Pushes self for results; pushes others for results through team spirit
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen.
Voici d'autres offres qui pourraient te plaire
À propos de General Electric
Inventer le monde industriel de demain, telle est la motivation de General Electric.
Multinationale de renom, GE est leader dans les secteurs énergie et transports dont les activités se répartissent entre GE Energy Infrastructure, GE Technology Infrastructure, GE Capital, GE Consumer & Industrial et NBC Universal. Doté d'importants pôles de recherche, General Electric met donc à profit son savoir-faire et ses connaissance afin produire de l'énergie, bâtir, faciliter les déplacement et améliorer les soins à travers le monde.
GE couvre un large de panel de métiers, niveaux et compétences à travers des fonctions d'ingénierie, marketing, santé, finance, logistique, communication, business développement etc. De ce fait, les offres du simple stage au CDI ne manquent pas en France, notamment sur les sites de Buc et Velizy Villacoublay, près de Paris.
La société offre des voies professionnelles multiples et intéressantes d'un point de vue rémunération, cadre de travail et challenges pour de jeunes stagiaires ou alternants souhaitant mettre à profit leurs compétences au sein d'une entreprise au service de tous pour inventer les solutions de demain.
Rejoignez GE pour construire votre parcours ensemble.