Description de l'offre
The Digital Workplace Software Engineer will be responsible for working closely with the Digital Workplace Solutions team to drive development of enabling tools that allow employees to self-serve across their technologies, including the provisioning and management of their core technology platforms. The projects they will be working on will be globally impactful, touching every employee across GE.
In this role you will:
· Act as a member of the broader Digital Workplace Technology team, representing the face of high quality design and development practices
· Develop high performing, enterprise scale, innovative end-to-end client and web applications
· Collaborate with system engineers and backend developers to design, build, and implement core platforms and solutions
· Apply principles of key methodologies such as Lean/Agile/XP, software and product security, scalability, documentation practices, code refactoring, and testing techniques/automation
· Write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the core tech stack selected for the desired products
· Build new key features for the product portfolio, leveraging existing standard frameworks for the ecosystem
· Understand performance parameters and frequently assess application stability throughout its lifecycle
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Management or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) OR in lieu of a degree: a HS diploma/GED and 4+ years of IT experience or equivalent military experience/training
· A minimum of 2 years of professional experience in software engineering
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
· Must be willing to work out of an office located in Miami
· Good understanding RESTful and SOAP API concepts
· Experience with popular JS frameworks (such as ExpressJS)
· Working knowledge of semantic versioning using git and GitHub
· Working knowledge of noSQL and SQL databases
· Familiarity with NodeJS using version 8.x and above
· Familiarity with unit, integration and/or automated testing
· Understanding of general concepts related to Cloud infrastructure
· Demonstrates a high-level understanding of underlying infrastructure needs to run large distributed web and client applications
· Has ability to break down problems and estimate time for development tasks
· Has ability to make basic technology choices based on experience
· Demonstrates awareness about competitors and industry
· Has the ability to take ownership of tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary
· Voices opinions and presents clear rationale. Uses data or factual evidence to influence
· Recognizes collaborative behavior and participates in collaborative activities
· Learns organization vision statement and decision-making framework. Able to understand how team and personal goals/objectives contribute to the organization vision
· Demonstrate the ability to help team members
· Seeks to understand problems thoroughly before implementing solutions. Asks questions to clarify requirements when ambiguities are present
· Identifies opportunities for innovation and offers new ideas. Takes the initiative to experiment with new
· Adapts to new environments and changing requirements. Pivots quickly as needed. When coached, responds to need & seeks info from other sources
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
Voici d'autres offres qui pourraient te plaire
À propos de General Electric
Inventer le monde industriel de demain, telle est la motivation de General Electric.
Multinationale de renom, GE est leader dans les secteurs énergie et transports dont les activités se répartissent entre GE Energy Infrastructure, GE Technology Infrastructure, GE Capital, GE Consumer & Industrial et NBC Universal. Doté d'importants pôles de recherche, General Electric met donc à profit son savoir-faire et ses connaissance afin produire de l'énergie, bâtir, faciliter les déplacement et améliorer les soins à travers le monde.
GE couvre un large de panel de métiers, niveaux et compétences à travers des fonctions d'ingénierie, marketing, santé, finance, logistique, communication, business développement etc. De ce fait, les offres du simple stage au CDI ne manquent pas en France, notamment sur les sites de Buc et Velizy Villacoublay, près de Paris.
La société offre des voies professionnelles multiples et intéressantes d'un point de vue rémunération, cadre de travail et challenges pour de jeunes stagiaires ou alternants souhaitant mettre à profit leurs compétences au sein d'une entreprise au service de tous pour inventer les solutions de demain.
Rejoignez GE pour construire votre parcours ensemble.