Description de l'offre
The Shipping Platform team owns the computation of shipping charges and shipping offer eligibility for all Amazon.com websites, Amazon.com affiliates and 3rd Party sellers. Shipping charges and shipping offer eligibility are computed for billions of items for Amazon's worldwide business and the results are surfaced to our buying customers in all marketplaces in all regions. Our services are architected to handle complex computations and process approximately 2 billion transactions per hour. The team's main focus is innovation in customer experience and building the next generation shipping platform to serve the rapidly growing item selection on Amazon.com as well as new business ventures.
A number of teams at Amazon work to ensure customers receive their orders when expected. Setting appropriate shipping expectations with shoppers is a key component of customer trust, and something we take seriously. While it sounds simple, accurately communicating shipping times is a complex process. Products sit in hundreds of fulfillment centers around the world, and millions of seller locations including merchant warehouses, small business stock rooms and start-up garages.
The team has an ambitious and challenging charter. They will be owning the end-end stack to model the various amazon delivery capabilities that are possible or required for a transaction. The Amazon sellers and business team will use the tools and platform developed by this team to configure and manage the business rules.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years experience for every 1 year of education
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java, or Perl