Michigan - Van Buren Township or Ohio - Evendale
As a software engineer on the Aviation Platform Automation team, you will work in a co-located group of engineers and architects to automate Amazon Web Services software deployments so that GE business applications are more efficient and resilient.
· Has the ability to take ownership of small tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary.
· Demonstrate the ability to help team members through pair programming and code reviews.
· Has the ability to evaluate basic technology choices and articulate tradeoffs.
· Applies principles of SDLC and Lean/Agile/XP/TDD/CI/CD methodologies to deliver high quality, secure, and scalable software modules.
· Skilled in writing code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
· A minimum of 1 year of professional experience
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
The ideal individual is relentlessly technical, passionate about automating everything and totally committed to delivering amazing customer experiences using cloud computing services.
· Experience developing software (Python, Ruby, Java, Node.js, .NET, etc.)
· Experience developing solutions that combine data from APIs, endpoints, and databases.
· Experience creating continuous integration pipelines (Jenkins, Maven CI, Travis CI, etc.)
· Experience working within an Agile team (Scrum, Kanban, Extreme Programming)
· Experience developing solutions using infrastructure orchestration tools (Chef, Puppet, Salt, etc.)
· Experience working with common application architectures (app/web servers, containerization, etc.)
· Experience using Amazon Web Services console, CLI, APIs
· Knowledge of IP Networking including VPC’s, VPN’s, DNS, Load-balancing, and Firewalls.
· Ability to explain issues and resolutions to technical and non-technical staff
· Persists on completion of endeavors, especially in the face of overwhelming odds and setbacks. Pushes self for individual results and others through team spirit.
· Strong analytical skills, creative and business-focused problem-solving abilities
· Reacts open-mindedly to new perspectives or ideas. Considers different or unusual solutions when appropriate.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen.