Description de l'offre
Healthcare Digital Technology
The Software engineer will be responsible for designing, developing and testing software to create solutions and services tailored to the needs of the business and external customers. Requires developed and strong foundation of function skills and knowledge of relevant technologies. You will be a member of an integrated squad working together to deliver successful outcomes on the GE Predix platform
· Has the ability to take ownership of small tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary.
· Demonstrate the ability to help team members through pair programming and code reviews.
· Demonstrates awareness about product positioning and differentiations.
· Has the ability to evaluate basic technology choices and articulate tradeoffs.
· Applies principles of SDLC and Lean/Agile/XP/TDD/CI/CD methodologies to deliver high quality, secured, and scalable software modules.
· Skilled in writing code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
· Skilled in core data structures and algorithms and implements them using language of choice
· Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems (IS), Information Technology (IT), Computer Science or Engineering (OR High School Diploma / GED with strong experience in IS, IT, or Computer Science) or equivalent experience
· Experience in IT software development.
· Strong Debugging and Troubleshooting Expertise
· Previous experience with the GE Software Center of Excellence Predix platform.
· Lean/Six Sigma Certification.
· Experience working in an Agile software development environment
· Experience with NodeJS
· Strong experience with NOSQL databases
· Experience with Rational databases (Oracle, MySQL, etc…)
· Proven experience in developing REST APIs
· Experience writing unit tests
· Experience using a CI system to automate builds
· Understanding of HTTP and Network Layer overhead and latency
· Understanding of how to optimize service data for size or speed
· Working knowledge in configuration management tools such as CVS/SVN/ClearCase/Git/Perforce
· Previous experience with Cloud Foundry/PaaS
· Experience with C#, NewRelic, Logstash, Postgres, Lua, GOLang
· Understanding of Delay Tolerant Networking (DTN)
· Experience with CQRS
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively across functions in a matrix environment.
· Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to diplomatically advocate for the appropriate support staffing levels.
Ideal candidate will also have experience presenting effectively to non-technical and executive audiences.
· Strong analytical skills – strong problem solving skills, communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information / data to make decisions; anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve.
· Resourceful and quick learner; able to efficiently seek out, learn, & apply new areas of expertise as needed.
· Highly self-motivated, able to work independently
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.