Responsible for designing, developing and testing software to create solutions and services tailored to the needs of the business and its customers. Requires knowledge of relevant technologies in the development, automation, and DevOps space. You will be a member of an integrated Site Reliability Engineering team focused on development tasks in a fast pace environment using Agile methodology.
Ideal candidate will be experienced in Infrastructure domain, Linux/Windows system administration, must be fluent in common scripting languages, Java, experience in coding web-based APIs, familiar with Ansible/Chef/Puppet frameworks, CI/CT standards, cloud infrastructure frameworks, common databases, Networking, Security standards.
· Has the ability to take ownership of small tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary.
· Demonstrate the ability to help team members through pair programming and code reviews.
· Demonstrates awareness about product positioning and differentiations.
· Has the ability to evaluate basic technology choices and articulate tradeoffs.
· Applies principles of SDLC and Lean/Agile/XP/TDD/CI/CD methodologies to deliver high quality, secured, and scalable software modules.
· Skilled in writing code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
· Skilled in core data structures and algorithms and implements them using language of choice
· A minimum of 2 years of professional experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Systems, or equivalent STEM degree
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
· Must be willing to work in our Atlanta, GA facility full time
· Must submit application through gecareers.com or COS (internal) to be considered
· Must be 18 years of age or older
· Knowledge in Java, familiar with Spring
· Experienced with NGINX, NodeJS, Apache, Tomcat
· Familiar with PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle
· Experienced with Jenkins, CI/CT standards
· Advantage: GO/Scala,
· Advantage: AngularJS or equivalent front end technology
· Ability to research independently
· Good inter-personal and team player skills
· Good time management and organizational skills
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen.