Transportation Digital Solutions
The DevOps Engineer needs to have experience with supporting applications on the cloud and on-premise that have services-based architectures; Your main goal will be facilitating maximum productivity of the new team, traceability of code changes through environments, and maintenance of high code quality/low instances of bugs in production. The remaining ~20% of your time will be spent as a hands-on application developer, contributing to both technical maintenance initiative and new functionality.
• Implement tooling and process to manage migration of all system changes (code, configuration, and mass data updates) through various environments (Dev sandbox, UAT sandbox, PROD etc.)
• Own daily execution of migrations, researching and resolving migration errors as needed.
• Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers' individual needs
• Applies principles of SDLC and Lean/Agile/XP/TDD/CI/CD methodologies to deliver high quality, secured, and scalable software modules.
• Troubleshoot application alerts from monitoring tools and follow SOPs to resolve or escalate appropriate.
• Work directly with application engineers to help reproduce and resolve customer issues
• Contribute to development of core team deliverables such as integrations, portal modules, business process automation, and bug fixes.
• Manage ongoing maintenance activities such as certificate renewals and sandbox environment refreshes.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• Minimum 3 years of experience in the technology space with emphasis on cloud/On-premise DevOps role.
• Experience using at least two different platforms for managing deployment/migration.
• Experience using automated testing frameworks.
• Experience coding in both object-oriented and scripting languages.
• Passion for translating DevOps processes to cloud platforms.
• A technical engineer, with extensive experience in solving challenging issues in high pressure environment
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills demonstrated the ability to assimilate new information and understand complex topics
• Background and experience in emerging technologies in cloud, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS and Microservices architecture
• Experience with monitoring and logging tools: New Relic, Splunk and ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana)
• One or more DevOps, Orchestration/configuration management and continuation integration technology (e.g Chef, Puppet, Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible, AWS CLI, etc.)
• Fluency with one or more scripting languages (e.g Bash, Python)
• 1+ years hands-on development using cloud environments (AWS, Azure etc.)
• Strong working experience with Java, Database and Unix/Linux and scripting skills
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.